My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Potluck

I am not a fan of pot luck get togethers. I just don't trust other peoples cleanliness.

When I originally signed up for this I thought, how in the heck can you screw up a 'sub sandwich' potluck? I mean, the meat comes in bags, you place it on a tray, pick it up with tongs, you're good to go.

I'm worried now. Apparently the area that is actually pulling this potluck together has no interest in setting it up at all. They plan to just throw everything together on the table and have a free for all. I'm not so sure I want to eat a sandwich made out of ingredients that 20 other people have touched in the process of making their sandwich. Ugh!

And, I'm grossed out by Helen's onion breath, grossed out to the point that I don't want to use her platter that she brought in. She's handled in a million times now, and, I've seen her lick her fingers before to separate papers, so, her saliva is undoubtedly on these trays....

Note to self: Quit signing up for potlucks in other peoples areas. Unless they are pizza luncheons.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jay Noel said...

Oh man that's so nasty. I bet her saliva totally broke down the paper's atomic structure within seconds too.

Why do you think they call it "Potluck?" Because you're lucky if you don't end up having to run to the pot afterwards.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ranea, that's my plan. I already know who I trust and what they brought. :D

as for the tic tac, I offered one, she declined!!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

phoenix, you know, we've been having an issue with disappearing customer documentation. Perhaps the root cause of the problem is Helen?? LOL

10:48 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Oh, no! You're never supposed to decline breath mints or gum. You never know if it's being offered out of courtesy or because you really need it, so you should always accept!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

absolutely!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

apparently, she had something containing an onion in her mouth at one point this morning.

Yikes! I'm grossing myself out now.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons