My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, March 23, 2006

And the bad luck cycle begins

Whenever I have anything to do with my family I'm shrouded in a cloud of bad luck. Swear to God. I cringe when I get a phone call from any of them.

So, last night I received a phone call from my brother. I had been thinking about him recently, it had been a while since I had heard from him last, normally, when I don't hear from him, things are going well. When I do hear from him, he needs something.

Last night I got the dreaded phone call from my brother. He has quit his job in Florida, moved to Tennessee to be closer to his kids, is living in his truck, is without a job, and asking me to western union him some money. "Only 50 bucks Sherri" he says. Ok, so, in reality, I'm actually out $75, $25 for the fee to wire the money, and $50 that he is asking for. This is money that I will never see again. I know this. He promised to pay it back, but I know I will never see it again. In fact, I probably won't even hear from him for the next month or two either.

I am left here to wonder is he still living in his truck? Did he ever get the money? Did he find a job?

What's worse, I took money from my already limited budget and sent it to him. Money that is supposed to go toward my propane bill. So, in essence, because he is a dumb fuck who thinks only of himself, I go without. It pisses me off to no end!!

I wish I could feel good about giving him the money, but I don't. I just want to kill him. He had a good job, he was making more money than I do, and the only person he had to worry about supporting was himself. His excuse for quitting his job? "I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I was tired of working there anyway..... I wanted to be closer to my kids." Ok, here's the deal. His ex is married and has 2 kids with her new husband. What the hell?? My brother cheated on her, left her high and dry for someone else, even after all that the ex wanted to take him back and he said he didn't love her. Now he's trying to wrangle his way back in??? I'm ashamed to call him my brother at the moment.



(Good God, Helen is driving me nuts this morning. Eating with her mouth open, trying to engage me in conversation every 30 seconds, and, I'm really not in a very cheery mood.)

9 Comments:

Blogger Jay Noel said...

Funny how you go on about your brother, then at the very end, it's Helen's open mouth eating method that puts you over the edge.

It sounds like your brother is pretty self-centered. Sometimes a shock to the system is the only thing that will get through to him.

He needs a near death experience.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I'm having a bad day today. Everything is going to get on my nerves, guaranteed.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Next time tell Bobby he can wait for a &%$!@ check in the mail. He doesn't need a mailing address. You can send stuff to any post office using "General Delivery."

Bobby --------------
General Delivery
Any Post Office
Any City, XX 00000

I can't believe he would guilt you into spending $25 on Western Union fees to send him a lousy $50.

11:28 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I have a brother like that also. Time has wisened him up a little but only a little. Oh well I have three of them so two sensible ones out of three ain't bad.

2:12 PM  
Blogger honkeie said...

Every family has atleast one....

2:59 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

I have one too and he is my eldest brother. He is stable for now (if he stops beating the crap out of his wife) until she leaves him again. He has been "borrowing" money from me since I got my first job when I was 14. Some people never change and he will be 44 this year. Not to mention he is a grandfather (X3). Sad but somehow we all are still there for that "all knowing" phone call. I feel your pain. You just want him to grow up and take some responsibility for his own life for once. No one owes him anything.

Here's my shoulder, you can lean on it anytime...

9:35 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Oh wow Sherri I'm really sorry about your day being sucky for a Thursday - hopefully your Friday and weekend went better. :-)

10:30 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Sorry things aren't going right, Sherri. Hopefully, yer bro will learn a lesson some day that will teach him to respect other people's time and money. Gah!

Hope your weekend wasn't a total waste.

xoxo

8:55 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

I feel your pain. I don't make a fortune but I make a decent living and don't have kids so I am the person that one of my family members is always asking to help them out. I have gotten to the point that it really ticks me off that I get such a guilt trip if I say no but it's not my responsibility to take care of another adult who can certainly take care of themselves. Drives me bonkers!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons