My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Production Manager Requirement - Heart of Stone

I've made one of my receiving girls cry this morning. I don't actually feel bad about it either.

Yesterday just before the walk through, I told the girls we would be audited within the next few minutes and be prepared. I requested Audrey have a part ready, one that did not have any receiving issues, in preparation of us viewing the process.

Well, the audit is underway, and I request we view Audrey during the receipt process. I'm horrified by what I see. She has a Pepsi sitting out and her desk is a sty. Here we are, all huddled around her desk, and I'm totally embarrassed.

The plant manager pulls me aside and says he happened to notice the Pepsi sitting out. Yikes!

So, I made the decision this morning to make the girls clean their desks off. I told them I did not want to see anything sitting out that was not directly related with the process at hand, whatever it happened to be that they were working. It did not go well. I didn't think it would, but, I was prepared for the discussion.

The girls were immediately offended. One of them had the nerve to tell me she didn't have any place to put her files. I told her she would have to put them in her filing cabinet. She countered that her filing cabinet was full. Trying not to be abrasive, I had to bite my tongue, but I told her point blank she had to take her personal items out of the filing cabinet and use it for its originally intended purpose.

She stared, mouth agape.

4 Comments:

Blogger W. C. Jack said...

You are TOUGH!
It's kind of a turn on actually...
Come talk to me like that... ;)

lol

So, who cried? you never said...

10:20 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

audrey cried. She knew the decision came down because of her desk. I told her last night after the audit I was questioned about her pop being on her desk.

It's kind of pathetic, actually, she's still teary eyed over there.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

does it matter if Audrey drank out of it ben?? :D

11:27 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

OOooo you ARE a hardass! I love it you powerful woman you!!!

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons