My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Hey Curly, where's Mo?

The events of last night could have been a Three Stooges routine in the making.

It started innocently enough, just a little yard work, burn a few twigs and excess debris that had accumulated throughout the course of the winter. Nothing really out of the norm.

1 eye injury, 2 leaf fires, 1 missing dog, 4 reappearing tent stakes, and 1 out of control drunk later, I was collapsing in my bed, red eyed and smeared with soot.

The comedy routine was soon underway with the arrival of Rick, the drunken divorcee. Rick decides to throw a giant cardboard box in the burning barrel, big mistake. Flaming embers fly everywhere from the out of control fire that is raging in the burning barrel. I turn to my left, the tent is on fire. I turn to my right, the leaves all around the propane tank are ablaze. I was ready to throw Rick right in the barrel. Tent already ruined, I head over to the propane tank with a shovel to put out the burning leaves.

I was literally fuming!

Smacking the ground with my shovel like a mad woman, I spin around when Charlie shows up with the garden hose.

Enter Scene: Eye Injury

As I'm mid spin sand flies into my eyes, temporarily blinding me. Choked by smoke, sprayed with water, blinded by sand, I stand in the midst of chaos trying to find my way out.

Rick had taken a shovel full of sand and tossed it over the fire to put it out, totally disregarding the fact that I was standing there and nearly had it completely out already.

Tripping on tent stakes that Thomas had pushed into the ground around my feet, I manage to limp away from the scene, only to find out Zach's dog had seen his opportunity to run and disappeared in the midst of all the commotion.

I'm quite certain I was quite a sight asI canvassed the block looking for that dog.

8 Comments:

Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Why is it that so many divorced men become drunks and so many divorced women lose weight right after the divorce? It's just weird how people cope.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

fuzzbox, I've wondered the same thing. I've also noticed that a lot of women lose a ton of weight just before getting a divorce as well.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

LOL!!! That would make a great start to a movie! Talk about an opening scene to get you engrossed in a movie!!! LOL!!! Sorry for laughing but the visual is just too much not to!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

big mama, the events of my life would make one heck of a movie, I could make millions. LOL

11:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So apart from that, did anything else happen?

:p

2:19 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ranea, sounds like a plan to me. LOL!

gareth, I barely made it out alive!

2:46 PM  
Blogger NWJR said...

Is there a video? Can you post it?

Hee hee.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

orange, I wish I had it on video! LOL!!! I could make a fortune on it.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons