My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, April 17, 2006

.....and all I was left with was a gummy mouse

I cried my eyes out this morning.

I spent the morning with Zach, eating breakfast, getting his gear ready for 6th grade camp, encouraging him about how much fun he was going to have, telling him that once he gets on the bus he's going to forget all about the fears that were plaguing his thoughts. We got to the school, I helped him carry his stuff to the door, and smiled big. I asked him for a hug, which he gladly gave, and felt the tears welling in the back of my eyes. Seeing other kids heading for the door, I told him he'd better get going, they would be leaving soon.

In reality, I needed to get going, I didn't want him to see how sad I was. I knew I was going to cry. It seems like just the other day I was dropping him off at school for the first day of kindergarten. Here I am, now, dropping him off for 6th grade camp.

The minute I got back in the jeep I could feel the tears begin to fall. He's growing up on me.

On another topic: Because I arrived at work late this morning, someone decided to have a little fun with my desk.

I arrived to work and found a completely barren desk, with the exception of one thing, a light grey gummy mouse sitting directly in the center.

The scums!! I can't wait to get even!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Awww, that's so sad. At least Thomas is still little!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Yeah, for a while anyway. :D

11:34 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I remember vividly the day I left for basic training... My dad waiting in the car to take me to the airport, my mother with tears in her eyes holding on to me at the front door like she'd never let go.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"He's growing up on me."
Sadly, it's why we have kids, isn't it?

1:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

AWwww man! They got you good!!!

This calls for revenge.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Social security and a pension from your job is right around the corner...a double wide in florida and a 6 pack a day habit and you will be all set...LOL. You are so young, but I know the feeling of the kids getting older. 6th grade camp...it will be a memory to last his lifetime.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ranger tom, your poor mom. It's so much tougher of mom's. :(

michaelm, yes, that's why, but that realization doesn't make it any easier.

damasta, yes, deffinitely revenge! I've been looking for most of my stuff all day. It has been spread out amongst the masses. LOL

thomas, at the moment, I don't feel so young. As for the double wide in Florida, doubt it. It's way too hot down there. Yikes! Zach will definitely have fun, I know I had an absolute blast at 6th grade camp.

4:08 PM  
Blogger starbender said...

Aww, they grow up so soon! I miss when they were little.
...and haha on the light gray gummy!
;]

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sherri-
I agree 100%.
It's really hard to let go.
The reality is, we have to.

~m

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons