My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Mute

When the radio had quit playing this morning I really didn't even think twice about it. Assuming the station had gone off the air, I continued to get ready for the day.

When my hair was curled and my make up finished I headed into the bedroom to turn off the stereo and find a necklace or bracelet to finish up my look.

What I found upon entering the room had made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

As I approached the stereo I noticed it was flashing something, the station hadn't actually gone off the air after all. What had freaked me out, however, was that it was flashing the word 'mute'.

Something I have never seen on this stereo before.

I feel I need to explain to you all the fact that this stereo is over 6 years old, and not one of the fancy expensive stereos either. No remote, no frills, just your basic $100 special I picked up when I was a single Mom living alone with my then 5 year old son Zach.

Freaked out, I scanned the front of the receiver for a mute button of any kind.

Nothing.

I tried to turn the volume up, then down, neither worked.

Finally giving in to the paranoid feeling in the back of my mind, I flipped off the stereo and quickly headed downstairs.

I have not turned it on since.

8 Comments:

Blogger tsduff said...

Welcome to the world of "new fangled machines" ... happens to me all the time! :-)

12:52 AM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

It's possessed!!!!!!!!!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think you should really freak out if after turning it on again it says "Turn me off" :P

11:33 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

Haunted perhaps ?

11:58 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

terry, it happened again this morning. I can't help it, it freaks me out.

phoenix, you could be right! :D

gareth, did you say you needed a new stereo? LOL!

pixie, I have to be honest, I've been wondering if I don't have a haunt of some sorts in my house.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAHAHA I'll take it :P

7:27 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

That's a little freaky!

2:19 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I have had a dish for 11 years now. I shudder to think how I would live without it.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons