My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Weird happenings of Late

Out of the blue, this morning, Thomas said to me "My Grandpa is dead. He died. He was running and choked on a bee."

To be honest, I've kind of gotten used to this weird topic. Every so often he begins to talk about Charlie's Dad, it completely baffles me. For starters, he has never met him. Tom had died when Zachary was only two, even Zachary does not remember him.

"Grandpa was sick, Thomas. He had cancer..... Have you been talking with Grandma about Grandpa?" I was grasping at straws, I knew they had not.

"No. I just know, he told me. He was running and choked on a bee," Thomas was very confident in the fact that he had been running and choked on a bee. "He was sick with cancer and it made him die."

It was at this point of the conversation that I was getting the tingles up and down my spine. I always get them when Thomas talks about Tom. From the time he was a tiny little guy he had brought up this topic of conversation, always around the same time of year, this time of year.

"Ok babe, why don't we go work on a craft," I wanted to change the subject, it was getting uncomfortable for me.

Hopping off my lap, he ran into the computer room waiting for me to follow. As weird as it may sound, I sometimes wonder if perhaps he may be able to see Tom, or has some sort of special connection with him, something more then just the legacy of the name.

Sometimes I think it must be just a huge coincidence and he has been able to glean certain things from conversations that have stuck with him.

Whatever the case, when it does happen, it does unnerve me. Death is, and always will be, one of my greatest fears.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jay Noel said...

Death isn't as scary as you think. I think it's when we're living our lives, and suddenly think, what if? That's the scary part.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow,that's spine tingling!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

I'm with you. Dying scares the crap out of me. I think I just realized in my 30's that I am actually mortal and I don't like it one bit.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kinda weird. I wouldnt doubt that he sees him, they say children are great receptables for the paranormal things. I don't fear death BTW. Except the death of, say, Stickwomen diaries :)

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons