My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Reason # 501 Why I Prefer to Eat My Lunches at Home

For the past few weeks I've elected to start bringing my lunch from home and eat at my desk.

My sole reason, it saved money, more specifically, GAS. I'm amazed at how long I can now go between fill ups.

The only downfall, so far, has been my continual bombardment by the scavenger. By scavenger, I'm referring to Audrey.

Case in point:

Today I'm sitting at my desk, eating, cruising around on the web trying to figure out why the heat has mysteriously stopped in my Jeep. From the corner of my eye I see a hand reaching into my trash.

It's Audrey.

Startled, I look up at her and ask her what she's doing. Her response? "Just checking to see what you're eating. It smells good."

I almost died.

Who in the hell goes through someone's garbage to see what they are eating?? Better yet, what possesses a person to go through someone's garbage to see what they are eating? Have you not heard of a thing called verbal communication?

Needless to say, as I sat in horror while she rifled through my trash, I have begun to rethink my necessity to save money.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can eat in your freezing Jeep. :)

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, be glad that she's not grazing on your lunch!

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know why your Jeep doesn't have heat. The root is something inherent to Daimler-Chryslers and is in fact found in many GM and Ford vehicles as well. I can't explain the technical automotive terms but the cause is really quite simple. It's not a Toyota ;-)

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But seriously, when the heat wasn't working in my old car (a ford) my BF changed the thermostat. When that didn't work he tried to change the o2 sensor, but Auto Zone gave him the wrong one.

I went a hole winter w/o heat. I drove to work in a snowsuit. The next winter we decided to change the thermostat again on the off chance we got a bad one. We found out that really Auto Zone had given us the incorrect thermostat.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

jessica, I'd stab her with my plastic fork before she had the opportunity to graze..... LOL!

teriana, I've had the thermostat replaced and a radiator flush, neither one worked. Tomorrow I'm dropping it off to be looked at by someone who actually knows what they are doing, hopefully they can fix it. It's getting pretty darn cold, and, I don't own a snowsuit.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No snowsuit?? Doesn't Thomas's mommy play with him outside??

7:36 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

jessica, Thomas's Mommy prefers not to succomb to such things as, say, hypothermia and frostbite. :D

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A frugal woman. Have to love that.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Oh Sherri, she's lucky she didn't go through my trash, from then on I would eat lunch, hand her the trash can and ask if she wants to see what you just ate, LOL!! Make her feel like a total fool. That is just plain odd!
Sorry you're freezing your patootie off, hope it gets fixed soon...

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Start calling her George. Or Costanza.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

LOL.
Did she not think to just ask ?

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons