My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, November 15, 2007

My Mom, White Trash at it's Finest

Words can not describe the disdain I feel for my mother. I have a hard time believing I even come from this woman, to be honest.

My little guy turns 5 next week, the 20th to be exact. Such a very important day in his life, it does make me sad to know I'll be in the hospital on his day, but this isn't the topic of my post today.

The topic of my post is my mother, and, the horrible things she does to the people in her life.

On Tuesday Thomas received his first birthday card in the mail, from my mother. Naturally, the outside of the envelope is littered with graffiti stating "don't throw out" , "money enclosed"....etc.

While I would probably toss the card out if it were addressed to me, because it is for my son, I give it to him and act all cheery, like she actually meant to give him the card out of the kindness of her heart.

I know this to not be true, however. She never does anything out of the kindness of her heart. Instead, she uses these gestures as tools of revenge and manipulation.

So Thomas opens the card and out falls $10. I smile, tell him to put the money in his pocket, and take the card from his outstretched hands. He's asking me to read it to him, he can see on the inside of the card she has written words.

I scan them over and know immediately I won't be reading to him what she has written. Instead I make something up.

"It says Happy Birthday Thomas from Grandma. Hope you have a wonderful day!" He is smiling and happy. I want to just choke my mother, because, what was actually inside this childs 5th birthday card was something that never should be inside any birthday card, let alone a 5 year old childs birthday card.

Inside this card she has written "I'm in Grant now, you're grandpa has cancer and won't live until Christmas. Here's my Floriday number" and then writes down a telephone number. Probably the 9th telephone number she has sent in the past year.

I can't help but be ticked off at her. This card was for Thomas, not me. Her comments were directed at me, not him.

This may sound horrible, but, I would rather have her just disappear from our lives never to be heard from again then to have her continue with the bullshit fake sentiments she sends from time to time.

Not only is it a waste of my time, but it's hurtful to my children.

I'm just glad she has no idea I'm having another child. I remember how angry she got when she found out I was pregnant for Thomas.....

And, no she wasn't angry because I never told her I was pregnant. She was angry because I was pregnant to begin with. A jealous anger, leading to a conversation that was full of resentment and hatred.

Thomas has only seen my mother twice in his 5 years. He doesn't even remember either time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kingcover said...

What is the reason for her saying stuff like that? Is it all manipulation or does she just not think things threw before writing them???
You could have two children born on the same date. That's pretty cool or alternatively you may have to organise b'day parties two days in a row. It'll be like Christmas lolol ;-)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Kingcover said...

"through" not "threw" <---- I guess I don't think before writing either. HA! :-P

9:10 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Sherri- turn serenely around and let it go. It isn't worth your getting upset about in your condition - blow it off. (easier said than done I know, but those ugly emotions aren't good for you). Think Hannah Banana here you come! :)

8:06 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

kingcover - I almost did have 2 kids born on the same day! For a brief moment I had requested my c-section to be on Thomas's birthday. Then I decided I wanted them to each have their own special day.

Terry - You always give me the best advice! :D You're a very wise woman. Thanks!

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons