My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Stalker

When I was 25 I worked with a woman named Shawn.

She terrified me.


Not in the ways you may be thinking.... She definitely wasn't an axe wielding psychopath hovering beneath a pile of leaves in my back yard but she did terrify me.


Shawn was absolutely fixated on me for some reason.


It started out when she was first hired on at work. Roz and I had asked Rick for a third person in our area to help with the reel counting and kit pulling. Along came Shawn. She had fit in, in her own anti-social way.

That is..... Until she started to become my much taller, much heavier shadow. She was married and had been for 17 years but I was certain she had developed some sort of a crush on me.

It was Roz who had gone to Rick and explained to him how Shawn had started overstepping boundaries. Roz, herself, had begun to feel creeped out by her as well. Rick, in turn, had pulled Shawn aside and had a 'talk' with her.

It did not go well.

Immediately after the talk I had Shawn approach me to apologize for her obsessive stalker behaviors. I was like a deer caught in the headlights, staring at an oncoming car waiting to be hit.

Shawn had been one of the original 96 people who had been layed off back in 2000 and, to be honest, I hadn't given her any thought.

That is.... until today.

Thomas and I were shopping at Wal Mart when I had heard my name being called from behind me.

It was Shawn!

She had certainly changed in appearance but I knew right away who it was. It had been so long since I had even given her a thought that I didn't even remember her name. I was pleasant and tried to be friendly but I was still on edge just being near her.

She had explained to me that her husband divorced her, that she had a family tragedy that removed her from town for 2 years, she was unable to support herself so she was living with a guy because she was still recovering from skin cancer on her forehead.... I could go on but I won't.

The part that freaked me out was the fact that she KNEW about several things in my life that have happened POST layoff.

The first thing she did was congratulate me on the birth of my daughter.

Now, how in the heck would she know about that??

She also knew I had gotten married and that I married Charlie. Somewhere, somehow, she knows someone who knows me as well. I find it odd, though, that I have been completely unaware of this mutual friend all this time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Myron Davis said...

Shawn,

If you are reading this... Hello.

Umm...

okay,

That is all.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Myron, don't encourage her, you may wake up one morning and find her hovering above you with a breakfast tray. LOL

9:25 AM  
Blogger Teriana said...

Perhaps she reads your blog and that's how she knows all about you. And now that she's free from the shackles of her husband she can tell you how she really feels (full body shiver).

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons