My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, January 10, 2009

May I help you find anything?

I have officially had a the customer from hell and survived to tell about it.

Imagine my horror when the dirty old grisled man walked into the store and my manager said "Why don't you see if you can help this guy?"

Ugh!

So, with a smile on my face, I approached him and introduced myself, asking him if he could use a little help. "My wife is looking for a size 12 dress," he stated. For the next 10 minutes I proceeded to show him several dresses for which he had a million problems with. Too fancy, too short, too many colors.....

The final determination made by Horrible Old Man was that all of our dresses were "crap".

Crap or not, I was able to sell him a dress and get one hell of a response out of him. One of our requirements when ringing a customer's purchase up is to enter their phone number at the start of the transaction.

Upon asking Horrible Old Man what his phone number was he responded, "Why, are you going to call me up later and ask me out on a date?"

I thought I was going to die.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kingcover said...

Phone number? Really? Is that not against some sort of law? I would be very surprised if it wasn't ;-)

Have you thought of the possibility that the dress was for HIMSELF?!?! Hahahahaha :-P

8:44 AM  
Blogger Kingcover said...

That's why he was being so picky with the type and colour of it. He was thinking to himself ..... "Hmmmm will this clash with my eyes or will it show off my curves".

8:46 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Nope, it's not against the law. Over here it's common place for stores to log your information like that. As for the dress, I was thinking the exact same thing! My manager and I actually had quite a lengthy conversation after he left about whether or not he went home and wore the dress himself. Apparently he's been in the store several times in the past looking for items for his 'wife' but nobody has actually ever seen his 'wife'.

8:28 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I'm glad you put your best foot forward :) Must be so different, being in sales. I've never attempted it - but may soon. You are an inspiration :)

10:31 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

terry, You have no idea just how different it is! I often wonder if I'm ever going to fit in and feel like I'm doing everything right.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons