My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, June 25, 2005

$8000 to install drapes???

I can't believe that the American people had to pay to have drapes installed over scantily clad statues in the Great Hall. For God's sake! The elderly are living in poverty with inadequate medical coverage, the schools are so underfunded children are not getting the education they need to compete in this world by today's standards, huge corporations are going bankrupt and millions of people are losing their jobs, and we are paying 8 grand to put drapes on a couple of statues! There is just something very wrong with our society today. I hate to say it, but when it becomes much more important that a naked statue be covered then an elderly person having enough money to buy food (and I don't mean cat food) our nation as a whole has failed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons