My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, June 26, 2005

'The Lovely Bones' by Alice Sebold

I loved this book, and feel it is worth mentioning to others. I am copying the excerpt from my profile below. (I will be replacing the excerpt in my profile with a different excerpt from the book I am now currently reading.) It's not a suspense thriller, nor is it a really gory detailed version of a girls death. It is written from a girls perspective as she looks down from Heaven to her friends, family, and killer.

Currently reading - 'The Lovely Bones' by Alice Sebold "My name was Salmon, like the fish; first name, Susie. I was fourteen when I was murdered on December 6, 1973. In newspaper photos of missing girls from the seventies, most looked like me: white girls with mousy brown hair. This was before kids of all races and genders started appearing on milk cartons or in the daily mail. It was still back when people believed things like that didn't happen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons