My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Nathan K.

I was rear ended in front of Big Buck Brewery!! I'm so mad!! I was just sitting there, at a stand still, waiting for the car in front of me to turn, and, wham-o! I can't even recall actually knowing what had happened until way after it happened.

I sat there in a daze for about 5 seconds at least. My wipers were going, my blinker was on, and the only way I actually figured it out was because I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a truck sitting back there. Then it finally registered in my mind. I waited for the few cars to go by that needed to go by, and pulled into the chiropractic clinic. By then, I was upset. I got out of the jeep, and walked to the back. As I was headed back, the guy who smashed into me was hopping out of his truck and saying "Oh My God - I'm so sorry!" He was just repeating it over and over again. Of course, the only thing that popped out of my mouth was "I've got a 2 year old in here! Your damn lucky he's not hurt!" Then, he was feeling even worse.

I asked him how his truck was, and he said he thought it looked fine. I had gotten Thomas out by now, and the people in the house next door had walked over, they had heard the loud smash. The guy called the police department because neither Nathan nor I had our cell phones on us. The guy who was in the car in front of me ran across the street as soon as he checked in, he was on his way to work. Very nice guy, he walked over a couple of times to see if he needed to be a witness of the events or anything. A guy in a black truck, who never got out of his truck, ended up being the witness. I have no idea who it was. He sat in his truck the whole time.

As we were waiting for the police to arrive, oil just started pouring out of the truck. It was everywhere. Needless to say, he wasn't fortunate enough to 'drive' away from the accident. He must have hit me doing about 30 miles an hour, easily. I didn't even hear the brakes squeal. Zach said they did for a brief second.

So, as you've pretty much guessed, I didn't get ticketed for the accident. I was not at fault. He took my information, and took pity on me because of my kids, and let me go first. It was soooooo hot out there. I thought I was going to melt. I knew who the guy was before I even introduced myself to him. Charlie had pointed him out to me before. So, I told him my name, and he told me his. Then I said "I believe you know my husband. It's Charlie." His whole face just dropped. "Oh, No Way!! Oh Man!!" He repeated that a couple of times. "Oh, I owe him big time!" So by now, he was feeling pretty much as terrible as he could feel. Fortunately, after the initial shock of everything had worn off, my usual personality had come back. I was understanding of the fact that it was an accident.

Thank God we were all wearing seat belts. I don't always make sure we have them on! I will be from now on, that's for sure.

My neck is starting to hurt. I think I'm going to just go lie down for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons