My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Friday, July 29, 2005

I've Aced Him Again

It's official. I've aced Rick again. He was not able to come up with an opposing argument for my presentation. (See below)

Martin Luther King Jr.
A great leader is someone who has significantly influenced a population’s destiny and shaped the future for generations to come. Martin Luther King Jr. was instrumental in helping Americans to realize the unspeakable actions which were taking place all across America, actions that resulted in discrimination, cruelty, and death in many cases.
Martin Luther King Jr. became widely known when he came to the assistance of Rosa Parks, the black seamstress who refused to give up her seat to a white passenger. In those days black Americans were confined to the status of ‘Second Class Citizen’. King provided a hope for black Americans through his non-violent passive resistance to racial injustice. He also provided America with a road map so that everyone could share in his vision. Millions of Americans now saw King as the shining light at the end of the tunnel, an end to the oppression they had felt their entire lifetime.
Because of King’s perseverance, and the strength of his following, the tides had shifted. Black Americans were getting more and more support for equality. Brown vs. The Board of Education ruled it unconstitutional for segregation in the public schools. District Courts declared it unconstitutional for the city bus lines to enforce racial segregation. All culminating with President Dwight D. Eisenhower signing the Civil Rights Act of 1960.
Martin Luther King’s contributions to our history place him, in my opinion, in the position of one of our nations great leaders.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Definitely not arrogant. You would have to know me in person. I am currently in a leadership class that our director of operations is teaching. Our assignment this week was to present to the class who we thought was a great leader and the reasons why we chose that person. The director of operations would then have 2 minutes to rebut what we had stated and try to convice the class that our leader was merely good, or maybe even bad. I happened to be the only one in class who he conceded to, twice. Both my bad leader and my great leader. So, that said, anytime the director of operations concedes in front of the class, you have reason to be proud of your accomplishment.

Also, I am never insulting to others, I appreciate the same courtesy.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons