My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Friday, September 30, 2005

Day 1, no Charlie

Charlie left on his hunting trip yesterday, already I've stepped into action. Time to reclaim my house.

So far I have:

  • taken all of his junk out of the junk drawer. It's my kitchen, that drawer is supposed to be for tin foil and stuff.
  • taken a bunch of his junk out of my pantry and put it in the furnace room. It's a pantry!! Not a junk storage.
  • Begun organizing the furnace room.

Will he be happy that I've done this? I doubt it. Do I care, not in the least. LOL

5 reasons why I miss Charlie:

  1. He always wakes me up in the morning. Today, I woke up 2 hours early and got ready for work, including getting my kids up and ready as well. It was 6:00 when I finally noticed the time.
  2. Every morning he says "Gee your hair smells terrific". (Not positive, but I think that was a line in a shampoo commercial or something.)
  3. He listens to me gripe and complain and never holds it against me.
  4. The propane guy is coming today to fill the tank and pressure check the lines. I don't like dealing with that kind of stuff.
  5. He always tells me the house looks nice when I've spent time cleaning it.

5 reasons why I don't miss Charlie:

  1. Paper towels all over the counter from where he made a sandwich. He will not let his bread sit directly on the counter, yet he will not throw the paper towel in the trash either.
  2. Paper towels shredded up in the washer/dryer. He never cleans out his pockets before he does a load of laundry.
  3. His friends standing around drinking beer in my driveway. They need a life of their own!!!
  4. No beard hair in the sink.
  5. When I look for something, I can actually find it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trée said...

LOL, does Charlie read your blog? I've got the feeling the answer is no. ;-)

11:41 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Trée, I've tried a million times to get him to read it. He's just not interested. LOL

5:59 AM  
Blogger Trée said...

I know the feeling. Strangers that I will never meet know me better from my blog than those I see everyday. I know they spend time on the internet yet they show no desire to see what I'm posting or to ever leave a comment. Kinda sad in a way. My blog is a part of who I am, a place where I share things that are only shared there. My blog shows sides of me someone might never see otherwise. Yet, so many have no desire to even look at it. Sometimes I wonder if that means they have no desire to know me better or share a part of my life that brings me so much joy. Mmm . . .

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons