My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, September 18, 2005

In a million years I never would have thought.....

That I would have spent an hour walking around in a corn maze. Yes, that is correct, we took the boys to a maze cut into a field of corn. The object, to find the 4 punch stations and punch your tickets within 45 minutes to get a prize.

A word to the wise: When walking around in a corn maze, make sure you wear long pants and long sleeves. I had on shorts and a t-shirt, big mistake. I still itch like crazy! Sensitive skin.

We did make a pit stop at Lake Michigan. That was so cool. The beach was entirely covered with small smooth stones. I was able to find 3 petoskey stones and a couple other interesting looking specimens. Charlie was showing me the house they are building right now, the lot alone was $99,000. Yikes! This is the house with the round roof, it's going to be gorgeous when it's done. The lady who is having it built doesn't even plan to keep it. She's just building it for an investment. That is just sooooo wrong.

7 Comments:

Blogger LBseahag said...

whoah!! thats like the shining!

how fun!!!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I had to admit, while walking around in all that corn, I immediately started thinking 'Children of the Corn'! LOL

7:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Corn-gratulations for getting out of it. That was a-maze-ing .... umm.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I WILL try that 101 thing in the next day or two!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Gareth, I can always count on your cunning wit. :D

9:27 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

I have a "thing" about corn mazes. I got lost in a field on corn for hours when i was a kid.

My family tells me it was more like 10 minutes, and that they were nearby, but sometimes I think they actually tried to leave me there and it really was hours.

I guess it was a coincidence that child protective services were with my parents when they got me from the corn field. right?

9:55 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Oh, yikes! Lost in a field of corn, that is terrible. I have grown to hate corn fields actually. I don't know what was in there, but my arms and legs itched like crazy yesterday.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons