My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

5 Things any man should know if they plan on being happily married

  1. Never tell your wife what she is going to do on her lunch break at work. It is her lunch break, she earned it, let her eat her lunch. Do not call her up and tell her she has to do anything ever. Do not assume that she is expected to forfeit her break period to do some nonsense useless bullshit because you are too lazy to do it yourself.
  2. Always sit down and eat a meal with your family when it is prepared. (This does not include huddling around a pizza box for 5 minutes while you grab out a few pieces.) When you don't give your family enough respect and consideration to at least share 45 minutes out of your day with them, they deserve better then you.
  3. 'This is your job' is never an acceptable excuse to get out of anything. If your wife is expected to hold a full time job outside the house, nothing is ever just 'her job'. Do not look at her and say "What's for dinner?" Do not look at her and say "When are you going to clean up that mess?" Do not look at her and chastise her because there is a pile of laundry in a basket in the bathroom. You are just as capable of doing all that and more yourself.
  4. If you see your wife running around the house trying to get ready for work in the morning, for God's sake, help her out! Don't stand back and say "Hey, I'm trying to watch the news here!"
  5. Never, under any circumstance, take money out of your wife's purse or wallet and not tell her. It is never a good time to discover I don't have as much money as I thought I did, but it's horribly embarrassing to discover it when you are handing money to the cashier and you don't have enough.

Sorry folks, the list could be so much longer, but I don't have the time right now for more bullet points. (Yes, I'm crabby now. Just venting.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Read This said...

Puts Sherri on the list of people I don't want to fuck with. LOL. Hope your day gets better.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ouch I sense tension in Gaylord land. Jump on him if he doesn't behave himself.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Dang!...taking money from your purse? That's pretty low. Maybe you should put itching powder in his underwear drawer.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Thanks Thomas, I hope my day gets better too.

Gareth, I think I would rather kill him actually, at the moment.

yes, phoenix, very very low. Remember past post about the guy wearing too much cologne?? That's how stuff like that happens.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Trée said...

I actually had a slightly different thought from casually me. :-D

I do agree with the "hope your day gets better part. :-)

10:45 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

aW DAMN...Sorry, sherri.

Does DaMasta hafta bitch slap someone????

10:02 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I'm intrigued by your idea, Treé. :)

Yes, Damasta, definitely bitch slap him. :D

10:17 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

And this is why I enjoy being single. I feel for you. Hope it gets better soon.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons