My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Holiday Bliss

I wish I could say I was feeling the holiday spirit right now, but I'm not. Every year it gets worse, I hate that other people have totally ruined Christmas for me.

Huge holiday fight number 3 happened today. I hate money. I hate what money does to people. I hate that people let money do these things to them. Charlie decided to tell me this morning that he's going to a parts store to buy parts for his jeep. On Christmas Eve he decides to put a couple of hundred dollars worth of fixes in his POC jeep. He has been telling me all week that he wants Roger to take a look at it, but nowhere in that context did he ever mention 'couple of hundred dollars'.

So, once again, I'm the bad guy. I've only got $256 cash in my purse. The rest of his paycheck and mine went toward bills, daycare, and Christmas presents. I didn't even go overboard on the Christmas presents part. I think the only thing I had left to pick up was stocking stuffers. Thanks to me, he says, his mother won't get a Christmas present this year. This totally pushed every last button I have, I could have killed him right on the spot. He planned on stopping at the Mossy Bog store to pick her something up. He probably still will, I'm not stupid. But the thing is, he didn't go out and shop for my Christmas present. In fact, he still doesn't know what he got me for Christmas this year. He was even a little pissed off at me for a while because I hadn't bought myself anything until Thursday.

After arguing for a bit, I went into the living room and started picking up the mess. I'm a cleaning fool when I'm ticked off. I guess it's a good thing because I live in a family of lazy pigs who do not clean up after themselves. Something else that infuriates me right to the core. As I was picking up a bunch of tiny little papers that were ripped up and shredded all over the floor Charlie says to me "Thanks for ruining my day." Ruining his day??

I have single handedly become responsible for every last thing that ever happens in my home. At the moment, it's just way too much for me. He's off in town shopping and doing whatever, like usual, and I'm stuck here with the kids and Zach's friend who stayed the night last night. All I can say is, it must be damn nice to just go do whatever you want whenever you want and not feel any responsibility at all for anything. I hope that one day he gets the privilege of experiencing what it is like to be me. And I hope he's miserable.

So, this post is dedicated to Charlie, the man who ruined Christmas 2005 for me.

10 Comments:

Blogger Read This said...

To be honest, he sounds like an insensitive pig who has no idea what he has, and how lucky he is. I would not mind putting the fear of God into the boy, just to let him know what he's missing. There are many folks without someone like yourself. He should feel lucky, and be thanking whatever God he prays to for that luck. I'm sorry about your day. Just think how happy your kids will be tomorrow. That might get you through the day, and keep a smile on your face. My thoughts are with you. It could always be worse, and I really hate it when people say that, lol.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

"Dear Editor--I am 8 years old.
"Some of my little friends say there is no Santa Claus.
"Papa says, 'If you see it in The Sun, it's so.'
"Please tell me the truth, is there a Santa Claus?

Virginia O'Hanlon
115 West Ninety-fifth Street

Virginia, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the scepticism of a sceptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Virginia, whether they be men's or children's are little. In this great universe of ours man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect, as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus! It would be as dreary as if there were no Virginias. There would be no child-like faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies! You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the chimneys on Christmas eve to catch Santa Claus, but even if you did not see Santa Claus coming down, what would that prove? Nobody sees Santa Claus, but that is no sign that there is no Santa Claus. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that's no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Santa Claus! Thank God! he lives, and he lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Trée said...

{Full Listening Mode}

I've got a few extra hugs and perhaps a carrot if you need them and it.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Sherri and family :)
Drink plenty of rum and cokes, that will help you hehe.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I'm going to agree here with Causally Me... And add that he sound like he's related to my ex-wife...

I truely hope your Christmas gets better!

I'll be thinking about you!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Trée said...

Sending good karma your way. If that doesn't work, I've got a crate of JD ready to ship. That should help. :-D

PS You'll need to supply your own coke. I'm not doing everything--I am a man you know. ;-)

1:37 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

I am totally on that train with you, my hubby (who is also named Charlie) used to be the biggest pain in my side. 3 Years ago I stopped buying myself or anyone in his family gifts... Now I also only only buy 3 or 4 gifts for the kids. If he wants to show how big a man he really is, he will either rise to the challange and make a good Christmas for the kids or he will have to break it and explain to them why he messed it all up for them... His choice. So far so good. I think he learned how hard I had it between figuring out what on earth everyone wanted and doing all the shopping, then wrapping and shipping it all. Oh hell no! I am not your patsy. It worked!!! Of course it took 2 years for him to actually go out and buy something for me. That's fine, I am patient and of course I put guilt trips on him SO BIG!!! Hang in there and remember that emotions run high this time of year. You did marry him for a reason, try to hold on to that. Hope all went well and remember you are not alone... Merry Christmas.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Wow Sherri, I'm really sorry about your son Charlie - he is REALLY an insensitive pig. I remember a few times when I was in High School I pissed off my mother like that. Of course I felt no remorse for what I did, and she just stayed upset for a few days and got over it.

Now I treat her MUCH differently. I went WAY overboard with both of my parents this year for gifts, and I don't regret doing it! They are both very deserving people, and when I get out of college you can bet I will get a nice job and give THEM lots of money! (Either in the form of monetary or gifts)

I just hope your son comes to this conclusion soon.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LMAO Jillian :) Charlie is Sherri's hubby haha.
Sherri I hope Christmas went well for you and that 2006 will be a good year for you and yours.
I'm off out now to another family party, wOOt! I'll have a drink for ya ;-)

12:50 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Sherri, it sounds like it's time for you to have a serious talk with him and then decide if this relationship is really making you happy. You sound like a good woman and deserve someone that appreciates you.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons