My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The last time I saw her, gravel was pelting my bare legs as she sped away from me in the K-Mart parking lot in Grayling.

Today is my mom's 53rd birthday. I haven't spoken to my mother since June when she and I drove to Florida to be with my brother after Susan's death. That was absolutely the most horrible road trip I have ever taken in my entire life. Her car had no air conditioning, none what so ever. I literally thought I was dying at a couple of points. I become absolutely positively miserable when it is too hot. My face turns red, I get sick to my stomach, my eyes become blood shot, and I literally want to die.

Needless to say, my mother and I did not get along at all during this trip. In fact, she sent me a nice little letter with profanity written all over the outside of the envelope for all to see. I will never understand how I could come from someone like her.

I guess it just proves that anything is possible.

8 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

Wow! Sounds like your mom puts the fun in disfunction, LOL!!!

Sorry, I just like that statement. Speaking of moms, mine is way obsessive!!! I mean she needs to find some friends. I can only stay with her for 4 days (tops), yep! that's my limit, wish it could be more but nope! She is AAAAAA!!!!!!!! and drives me crazy!!! LOL!!!

Hope you guys get it together and remember that life is too short to....take road trips together. Happy B-day Sherri's mom!!!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

I had one of them trips with my mom to Texas from Wisconsin

11:40 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Only 53? She's pretty young.

Sounds like the road trip from hell. Do you not sweat? Some people don't sweat when they get hot, and their bodies overheat. Sounds like what happens to you.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

She gave you life, for that you should be thankful. After that you are allowed to judge her like you would any other human being. You, and only you, know the rights and wrongs that she has done to you. From what I can tell you turned out to be a wonderful person, so either your mom did something right, or you turned out this way to spite her. Either way, the world is a better place because of it.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well you turned out ok (a little weird but good all the same hehehe, j/k really haha). We are all a little weird so don't feel to bad :-P

10:10 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Same here. Mother is spawn of satan, and yet I'm so entertaining. Hmmmm....

10:55 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

big momma, disfuctional is definitely the word to describe her.

bozette, you definitely know where I'm coming from then. :)

phoenix, I do sweat, but not like a normal person. I get sweaty hands, and I perspire under the arms. You never see me with beads of sweat on my forehead or upper lip. It just doesn't happen. I would pass out first.

thomas, my mom did do one thing right. She showed me all of the ways I should NEVER be as an adult, all of the ways I should NEVER treat my children. It is because of that I am now the way I am.

gareth, I do believe I am the normal one, and you are the one that is a little weird! LOL

damasta, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one out there who suffers from this affliction.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

wow - She doesn't sound nice at all!

I'm sorry about your mother Sherri - just remember that there are a LOT of nice(r) people out there. I'm not saying that your mother ISN'T a nice woman, I'm just saying to not forget about other people in the world.

:-)

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons