My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Champaign Wishes, Caviar Dreams

This morning I found out my husband has made big plans for our upcoming 4 year anniversary. Such a grandiose and suave guy, he is. He's decided to bring me along to an ice fishing tournament with him.

I laughed out loud, I thought he was joking. I hurt his feelings, he was telling the truth. So, there I sit, thinking to myself, what in the heck kind of anniversary is that?? Freezing my butt off sitting on a 5 gallon bucket watching him pull fish from a hole in the ice. Is he on crack??

Trying to spare his feelings, I told him, as long as you take me out to eat someplace nice, that's all that matters to me. I'll ice fish with you. Now he's all excited again, telling me about how disappointed his friends were that he was taking me instead of them.

I'm not sure how to feel about that, actually. I mean, ice fishing on an anniversary??

7 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Charlie is such a typical guy! It's amazing to think it hurt his feelings when you laughed.

On our first anniversary, my husband took me to his parents' house for our usual Sunday night dinner, just like we did almost every Sunday night for the past year. I got on his case a little bit for not planning anything, so he wondered why I hadn't planned anything. I was indignant. "Me?? It's not my job. I planned the whole wedding. Anniversaries are your job." He wasn't aware of this rule, so he demanded know, "Is there a book someplace I can read?"

On our third through seventh anniversaries, he went fishing with his dad in the U.P. He'd go up for the whole week, and most years I'd end up driving up with my mother-in-law for the weekend. Finally, I got on his case for not even getting us a hotel room on our anniversary night or taking me out to dinner or anything. We always stayed in the fifth wheel with his parents and cooked on the campfire. He doesn't go anymore, but only because the fishing isn't any good anymore.

At least Charlie is making time for you. Bob would have gone fishing even if I never bothered to show up.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Bob has also given me some doozies for anniversary gifts. Our first anniversary -- the anniversary of when he gave me his class ring, not a wedding anniversary -- he gave me a barbecue grill. I told him that barbecue grills were fine for birthdays and Christmas, but not for anniversaries. The next year he handed me a small box and said, "It's another barbecue grill." He was speaking figuratively, of course. It was actually -- get this -- a 9mm handgun. Nope, I'm not kidding. My future husband bought me a 9mm handgun for our second anniversary, and I still married him.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I'm speechless... I like to do that stuff to, but to do it as an anniversary getaway...

Sheesh!

1:36 PM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

nice place to eat: Arbys.
:)

j/k

2:47 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

We don't actually exchange gifts on our anniversary. Normally, we just go out to a nice place to eat. Last year we ate at the Trilliam.

ranger tom, my thoughts exactly. Sheesh!

jack, Arby's?? LOL

3:16 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Leave the lacy undies at home - bring the long underwear.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I guess that means I should go buy some long underwear! LOL

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons