My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, February 27, 2006

Just a Day

It's been a heck of a day already.

Last night I let Thomas have some chocolate pudding and a little glass full of coke before he went up to take his bath. A seemingly innocent gesture on my part, little did I know what consequences it held! After his bath he ran into my room and started jumping on the bed, not a good thing. After about the 7th bounce he threw up all over, not just once, but 3 times. Ack!!

Nothing like doing laundry until 11:30 at night so I will have some clean blankets on my bed.

Today starts out just as bad. I get in the jeep to start it up, dead battery. Yesterday when Zach brought in the groceries he didn't shut the back door tight enough and the interior light was on all day and all night. (The back door has never been the same since the rear end collision. You have to literally slam it shut in order for it to close tightly.) This has got to be the millionth time this has happened now. Guess what that means! I have to drive Charlie's nasty disgusting jeep to drop the kids off and go to work. It is by far the most horrible vehicle in the parking lot. You just can't miss the plexi glass back window, the back seat full of gas cans and fishing buckets, the passenger door with duct tape holding the window up, heck, I can't believe how well this thing runs, it looks like it's about to just collapse.

It's a sad day here at work. Last weekend there was an accident near my house that killed a 15 year old boy and his drivers ed teacher. I just found out this morning that several people who work here were in some way shape or form related to the victims. Apparently the boy was the only child of a single mother, she is absolutely devastated. The instructor..... he was a special ed teacher for a neighboring town, married with 2 young children.

From what I understand, the boy was driving a Taurus and had veered into oncoming traffic, hitting a van head on. Nobody knows why it happened, but most feel it was from inexperience driving on the slushy roads. It's just such a sad tragedy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Read This said...

That is sad. I took my oldest boy out on the road yesterday, and realized bad things can happen very quickly. About the jeep, it was better than walking?

9:39 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

yes, it was better then walking. Although, his jeep had rye growing in the back end of it last summer. Yes, it's that dirty back there that seeds were able to take root in the back end of his jeep.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

You know, I did think that. Sometimes it's really hard to remember that no matter how hard I think I have it, there are a million other people out there who have it even harder.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

16 year olds are just not ready to drive. I'm totally convinced of that. Inexperience can kill. When I was in high school, the instructor has a brake on his side as well, but it sounds that wouldn't have helped in this situation.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons