My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Friday, February 24, 2006

The Luncheon was a Success

I have to say, it is kind of odd to be sharing luncheons with my work place nemesis all the time. She and I may not exactly be friends, but our employees have no idea.

One thing I can say about my departments, they are quite a bunch. Loud, funny, jovial, I may have my gripes, but they are mostly a great bunch to work with. It's amazing to see them when they are relaxed and having a good time, you never quite know just what is going to pop out of the woodwork.

Just to add a little excitement to the lunch, I decided to order a cake that read "In Honor of Dave's Last Day". (Dave being the SQE) I also made sure to place a nice white box on the conference table next to his cake.

Just to clear things up for everyone, it is not Dave's last day.

Without a hitch, the plan fell perfectly into place. At 11:30 I was paged to the front office to pay for the food, Stephanie and I carried everything to the conference room, and we all assembled waiting for Dave's arrival.

Dave shows up, takes a look at the cake, sees the box, and says "Is there something I don't know about??"

So funny!




Today's Menu
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Chicken Parmazetti Pizza
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
Bacon and Pepperoni Pizza
Pepperoni Pizza
Ham Pizza
Yellow Cake with White Cream Frosting
Mt. Dew, Pepsi, Coke, Diet Pepsi

7 Comments:

Blogger W. C. Jack said...

Question:
Does Pizza give one gas?

Better watch out, Sherri...

2:43 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Diet Pepsi ... oh no. Diet Coke is muuuuuuuuch better.

3:28 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

That's phunny. I can imagine the look on Dave's face.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

That is both so cruel, funny, and one helluva idea! He must've wet his pants when he saw that cake.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

jack, I made sure I kept my distance from gasman, believe me. Oh, btw, he ate 12pcs of pizza! Good lord, they would have to haul me out on a stretcher if I did something like that.

ben, yellow just refers to color. It was a 'yellow' cake. It actually is kind of buttery tasting. Moist. Yummy!!

crazy me, I agree about the diet coke, but everyone wanted diet pepsi, so, I went with the popular vote.

fuzzbox, the look on Dave's face was priceless!! He loved it! This is the first time he's been pranked, finally initiated into the bunch. LOL

phoenix, I would have loved to have been able to read his mind. At first, he looked puzzled. Then, kind of hesitant to say anything, then he just went for it. I left out the part in my post where I asked him "What do you mean? I heard [spicegirl] talking last week, and she said today was your last day." When we all started laughing, he knew it was a joke.

5:49 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

No Vernors?

7:43 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Mmmmmmm BBQ Chicken Pizza - my favorite!! Can I have a piece??

No but seriously Sherri - I'm glad that the luncheon was a success!

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons