My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Friday, February 03, 2006

Woe be the people without health insurance

I have come to believe the doctor's offices and the health insurance companies have a conspiracy going.

I received a bill in the mail from the Evil Dr. Rau last week. Apparently there was some sort of mix up with the health insurance company and the doctor's office, the doctor's office did not receive payment for their services. On the bill it stated the health insurance company was requesting more information.

No big deal, my husband contacted the health insurance company, gave them the information they needed, and payment was sent to Dr. Rau.

Here's where the conspiracy comes in.......


  • The bill I received from Dr. Rau was for $853.32.
  • The confirmation notice I received from the health insurance company was for $352.32.

This is a difference of $501!! Someone please explain to me why the health insurance company only has to pay $352.32, while, if it were the patients responsibility, the patient would have to pay $853.32. That's totally insane!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

It is a conspiracy. If the doctor wants to be a "participating provider," s/he has to agree to accept the insurance company's payment as payment in full. They gripe that the amount the insurance companies pay isn't enough, but they agree to be participating providers because they know they'll get a lot more business that way. Seriously, I would never go to a provider who didn't participate because then Blue Cross pays even less toward the bill, and I'm responsible for the rest.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I'm just glad the insurance company had to pay 100% of the bill. I still can't believe the difference in charges. It really ticks me off.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Was it not just a typo?

4:50 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Sadly, Gareth, it is not just a typo.

4:58 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

That's lame...I think its to pay for all the lowlifes without insurance that get shot and have to ride in an ambulance and get seen in ER...

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons