My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Friday, March 31, 2006

15 Years Old in Sault Ste. Marie

In the production managers meeting today we discussed a lot of things, one being the below story. It's amazing to sit back and think about the stupid stuff I've done over the years, I'm amazed that I ever made it through my teen years, actually.

When I was 15 years old one of my best friends had moved up to the Sault. My parents and her parents were still very good friends so periodically they would come south or we would go north for a visit. The following story happens to be a story of one of the visits.

I was 15 years old, Dana was 14, my brother was 13, and Cody was 12. We pretty much felt we ruled the town of Sault Ste. Marie. We had walked across town to hang out in a laundromat that had a pool table, this seemed to be a cool thing to do at the time. While we were there, a few of the local thugs around our age showed up as well. Being the bright and intelligent kids we were, we immediately befriended them and decided to leave and go to one of their houses.

It was a dive. It was so nasty, and it smelled like garbage. None of us cared, we were going to be drinking beer and hanging out.

So, there we are, drinking old stale beer that I'm positive had sat out in the sun for a month in the back yard, hanging out with derelicts of society. We were having a ball. Finally it was getting close to curfew time, Dana and I and our brothers started the long treck back across town to Dana's house. Inebriated, somewhat sick to our stomachs, and obnoxious, we walked and walked and walked.

Then I had to pee. I could feel my bladder on the brink of exploding, I was seeing yellow, I could hear a rush of water in my ears, and we were in the middle of a neighborhood with no bathroom in sight for blocks. Tears streamed down my face as I tried to not piss myself.

As a last resort, we walked up to a church that had big full bushes next to the back door. Everyone stood watch while I peed behind the bushes at the back door of a church.

I still remember how horrible I felt as I stepped out from behind those bushes, thinking to myself, 'OMG, God is going to punish me big time for this, I've defecated on holy land. Just don't look back, just don't look back, if you look back, that church is going to burst into flames or something.'

10 Comments:

Blogger Jay Noel said...

Wait, I thought you just peed. You said you "defacated" also???

Wow, you must've been really drunk!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ben, we do dedicate a few minutes here and there to work related issues.

phenix, definitely just peed, nothing else. That just happened to be what I was thinking as I stepped through those bushes. I'm sure I didn't even know what the term meant at the time.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

OMG! I actually cried laughing. I think we all had those "moments" as teens. Good thing God is really forgiving, huh? LOL!!!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Now tell everyone about your visit to Sault Ste. Marie, Canada. :)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

LOL! Jessica, leave it to you to bring that up!!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

big mama, I'm glad you got a kick out of that! :D

12:45 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

When you gotta go, ya gotta go. And wasn't everywhere that Jesus peed holy land. It has to be like blessing with holy water in a way.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

You will surely burn in hell for that!

7:05 PM  
Blogger TrĂ©e said...

That is funny stuff. I agree with Ranger Tom. See you in hell since I'm sure to be there too. :-D

2:06 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

fuzzbox, when you gotta go, you gotta go! LOL

ranger tom, that's what I'm afraid of. This story, however, is probably the least of my worries. LOL

tree, I'll save you a spot. :D

ranea, you know, the funny thing is, I wasn't the least bit worried about getting caught. We were staying in a tent in the back yard, nobody even came to check on us.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons