My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, March 06, 2006

This Just In....

The UL registration lady is here today. Apparently, she was scheduled to be at Georgia Pacific this morning, and when she arrived, she was sent on her way. As of 6:00 this morning, the corporate office in Wisconsin mandated they shut their doors.

Scary stuff! That's 210 people who are now without a job.

*I don't have the entire full scoop yet, this is just the account of the UL registration lady. I did speak with one woman out on the line whose husband is an employee at Georgia Pacific. Her husband was called last night an told not to show up for work until he was notified to come back.

*For the full scoop, go here.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

That'll be a huge blow if Georgia Pacific shuts down. Gaylord is a small town.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

It's official, they shut down. It is a huge blow, I know several people who work there.

12:48 PM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

If we ONLY had a REAL Governor in this state!!
What happened to all the promises of brining in more service and health oriented companies???!!
I guess when MI has one of the highest tax bases for small business in the union, business shops elsewhere... duh.
Sherri, I hope you and your company are doing ok.. I'd hate to think of anything happening to you up there... Where would we get our laughs??!!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

actually, jack, my company has been strugling for about 5 years now. The sad part is, my plant is the only plant in the corporation that actually continued to make money for the corporation during the struggle. Things have been looking up though, over the past year, for the first time in 2 years we are facing a 3.2 million dollar month in a first quarter.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I should add, that's 3.2 million dollars revenue from my plant alone. The others in the corporation are pretty tight lipped about such things.

1:29 PM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

Feel free to send some of that 3.2 my way.. ;) I want to redo my kitchen!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I'll see what I can do. LOL

1:34 PM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

If you are able to, I'll make ya dinner!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

mmmmm.... tempting, very tempting. What would be on the menu?

2:38 PM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

Anything your lil heart desires...

2:40 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Whoa...that's so sad. George Pacific is just an industry staple.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

That's scary.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons