My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, April 27, 2006

In Today's PM Meeting

As the production managers meeting hit full swing Jim burst through the conference room door singing:

"We're not gonna take this! No!! We aint gonna take this! We're not gonna take this, anymore...."

After which, a few of the other production managers joined in with the song.

If you can't tell, most of us are pretty frustrated at the moment. The meetings have even become depressing. I'm not sure how many more meetings I can take where we basically just sit and worry about gas prices and cost of living increases and the fact that we haven't had a pay increase in 5 years. It's making me a nervous wreck.

I felt an anxiety attack coming on yesterday, which scares the heck out of me. I haven't had one in 4 years, times of high stress bring them out in me. I have so much stuff going on right now, a lot of which I haven't even touched here in my blog.

All I can say is, I'm human, I'm not perfect. I'm desperately unhappy and I can't seem to fix it.

On a lighter note: One of the topics of discussion in the production managers meeting was favorite childhood toys. Mine was a Barbie make-your-own makeup kit. I loved that thing! I would literally sit for hours curling my hair and applying the makeup I had created. (Preparation for my future career as a Solid Gold dancer.)

What was your favorite childhood toy?

6 Comments:

Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

A Slinky, A Slinky, A wonderful wonderful toy. A Slinky, A Slinky fun for a girl or a boy. They walk down stairs. Alone or in pairs. They make a slinkity sound. A thing, A thing, a wonderful thing. Everyone loves a Slinky. :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Oops that should be marvelous thing.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I had a slinky too, I loved that thing!!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

I did too, I loved it! My favorites were the Big Wheel and my saucer sled and my "Barbie's Beauty Boutique" The best part of my Barbie's Beauty Boutique was teh fact that my mother had a shop attached to our house and it was called Barbara's Beauty Boutique. Not only did I live there, I played there too!!! It was fantastic!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

oh, big mama, you were sooooo lucky! :D

2:29 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I had trolls.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons