My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Saturday Morning Fever

I hate working Saturdays.

I was on time, for once, this morning. That is, until I got in my jeep and turned the key. Dead battery!! I wanted to scream. I ended up having to be driven to work this morning by Charlie, in his jeep. I'm certain by the time I got here I was coated in filth and smelled like a gas station. Yuck!

Upon arrival at work I discover that, because I didn't drive my jeep to work, I don't have the key to open the cage to the inspection area. It's on my key ring in my jeep. After finding out the maintenance guys aren't here, and cursing myself for having them fix the gate so people can't break in anymore, I go in search of Scott in hopes that he may have a key. He does not but one of his tech's offer to climb the fence for me.

The tech with the rotting yellow teeth, the one Ruthie asked me to assist in finding a woman for because I knew lots of people and was popular. Ack! Since that incident I do believe he has had a small crush on me. It's just a bad scene all around.

So, the tech breaks in for me and I suddenly realize. Scott was putting his coat on as I was asking him if he had a key to my cage. The only reason why he was up and here this morning was to open the shop for me. (I don't have keys, and I've never requested clearance. I figure, if it's an imposition on everyone, they'll soon quit asking me for coverage. So far, it hasn't worked.) I hurried out to the floor to apologize to him for having to come in and open the shop, but he insisted he had a few things to do this morning. I'm almost certain he's lying.

I'm definitely going to have to request training on opening and shutting the shop down. I feel horribly guilty now. Such a nice guy, anyone else would have griped up a storm.

Update on home computer: Still not working. I've been a month now without it, and it's driving me crazy. I'm going to have to take it in and have it looked at, again. I've mentioned before that I was going to do it, but, I'm the biggest procrastinator that ever walked the face of the earth. I still haven't done it. Shame on me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Sounds like your morning got off on the right track...

Hope it gets better.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I don't know about 'right' track, but it was definitely the 'normal' track. LOL

It's not getting any better. I was just out on the Alpine cell, and the pilot job that was supposed to be run today won't be run because the boards that were to be finished on second shift didn't get finished. Nothing is going according to schedule. Yikes!

They specifically called in engineering support to aid in that pilot run today.

7:14 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Better yellow teeth than black I suppose. I have been gardening this morning so I am a little grungy but in a good way. Hope the weekend picks up for you.

12:25 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Computer woes suck. Hope you get yours up and running really soon. My printer broke last December, and I just couldn't get myself out to fix it until a few weeks ago! Talk about procrastination...

8:39 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

I feel your pain on working weekends. I have been working them for months now and it's driving me crazy!!!

I hope your computer gets fixed soon!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons