My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, April 03, 2006

The Woman, the Legend

Genie shoes have become synonymous with my name, I'm a legend within the four walls of my company. People everywhere are checking out my feet, bravery has become my middle name.

It all started on Friday.

My shoes had gone unnoticed most of the day. In fact, I had even received a few compliments on their cute style. They were a royal blue satin shoe with multiple colored geometric designs embroidered on them, a few beaded sequins on the toes. (to see a somewhat similar style, click here.)

Then I happened across the bearded woman. Standing about 6 feet from me, doubled over in laughter, I thought she was going to suffocate she was laughing so hard.

Can you believe I was laughed at by a woman sporting a beard??

So the story unfolds. For the next 45 minutes all focus was placed on my 'genie' shoes. People from far and wide across the plant made the treck to view my shoes. I can't imagine how so much emphasis can be placed on a pair of shoes!

Totally forgetting about the shoe thing from last Friday, I'm sitting in the middle of the production managers meeting when Joe asked if I was wearing my genie shoes today. Joe wasn't even here during the shoe incident. So, I ask, how in the heck do you know about my genie shoes?? Jim then mentions he heard about them all the way in Toppinabee. He seen something written about them on the wall in the men's bathroom in The Breakers. Carrie then told everyone she seen a pair that were similar in Penny's last weekend. Don't you just love that camaraderie we production managers share!! LOL

There you have it. The story behind the legend. They really are cute shoes, don't be surprised if you begin to see them everywhere.

20 Comments:

Blogger Vodka Absolut said...

Very cute Sherri! As for the bearded woman, buy her a waxing kit.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ranea, you know, these would look cute in gold! :D

vodka, I have secretly wanted to leave a waxing kit on her desk for months now!! LOL

10:23 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ben, they'll be on display Thursday, April 6th from 7am to 3:30pm. LOL

11:26 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Have you tried folding your arms and blinking while wearing these shoes. It just might work. Be careful though someone might try to bottle you up. Cool shoes though.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

fuzzbox, I tried several times on Friday, not once did I open my eyes to find a nice tropical island. LOL

11:45 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

My aunt and uncle used to own The Breakers. Did I ever tell you I had my 12th birthday party there -- at a bar! :)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

Bearded lady...genie shoes...you really do work in the circus don't you?

12:06 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

jessica, I always knew you were a bad girl! :D

12:27 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

They're simply FABULOUS!

But I'm afraid they'll clash with my uniform...

12:28 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

phoenix, the only thing missing are the 9 million clowns climbing out of the clown car. :D

12:28 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ranger tom, I'm certain you can find a pair for any outfit! :D

12:43 PM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

I remember passing thru Topinabee. I blinked and almost missed it!
LOVE the shoes...
Hey.. if they are Genie shoes.. that makes YOU a Genie.. and you should be able to provide us with three wishes, no?

12:59 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

Do you guys ever actually work there? Sounds like my kind of place.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

jack, give me a wish and I'll see if I can grant it. LOL

1:28 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

thomas, sometimes we think about working, does that count??

1:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Do you have the patent for them?

2:39 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I wish I did have the patent, I'd make millions. >:]

2:48 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

You should write a book with all these stories! Does the bearded woman have a deep raspy smoker's voice? She/he does in my mind.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

OMG! I love coming over here and reading about the strange and unusual people that happen to pick up a paycheck in the same place you do. They frighten me, LOL!!!

The bearded lady comment made me choke on my Coca Cola and sent it up my nose. It still kinda hurts and everything smells like it, LOL!!! Thanks to "Sasquatch".

9:59 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

damasta, the bearded woman does have a deep and raspy smokers voice. She's also sporting several tattoos.

big mama, they frighten me too!! LOL!!!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons