My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I'm obsessive Compulsive

Little things bother me in a big way. Really big way.

To say I'm a perfectionist is pretty much hitting the nail on the head. I sometimes go out of my way to force myself to be perfect.

Take painting, for example. Most people wear old clothes, put drop cloths over everything, and expect to have paint everywhere. I wish I could be that way! I would love to be that way! Alas, that is not me. When I paint a room, I'm wearing good clothes. I tape nothing off. I don't cover a thing. I have a wet rag and a dry rag, my paint supplies, and that's it. I'm in essence forcing myself to be meticulous with how I'm painting.

How insane is that?

Right now I'm bothered. Really bothered. About stupid stuff, I just can't help but be bothered about it, either. The bank has made an error on one of my accounts and I can't even get in there to take care of it! It's literally bugging the heck right out of me, and I don't have the time to go in and have it taken care of until after work!! So, here I sit, fretting about the stupid bank error, probably for the next 6 hours, driving myself crazy.

Ugh!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

Join my crowd, I totally get it! ...and I hate it too.

12:21 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Take a deep breath and repeat after me. 'Fuck It.' Works for me every time.

12:59 PM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

I agree with fuzz...

Let it go, Sherri...let it go...

:)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

big mama, I'm so glad I'm not the only one out there!!

fuzzbox, I tried. :(

jack, I couldn't let it go. I actually left work and went to the bank moments ago to get everything straightened out.

3:13 PM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

I hope you made a scene then.
I mean.. if their ineptitude made you leave work they should know your wrath.
:)
wcj

4:33 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Thorazine works wonders for that...

;)

8:59 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

There are a few things that eat away at me. They include: bank errors, billing mistakes, and missing vital paperwork.

I feel your pain!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

jack, I was actually pretty mellow, didn't make a scene. It's hard when the person who's correcting the error didn't make the error, and they are so damn nice to you. Ugh!

tom, I'll have to look into that, I definitely need something! LOL

phoenix, I so agree about the billing errors! My insurance company is notorious for billing errors!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Read This said...

The perfectionist should be painting in the nude. Ok, maybe I just wanted to see it, lol. Back to posting if you get a chance, come on by.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I'll be sure to stop by. :)

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons