My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Crazy Office Supply Julie Strikes Again!

Scene: Yesterday, production managers meeting, 8:30am.

As usual, the production managers meeting had gone downhill the instant we all started talking. I think it was at the point that Jim was talking about a woman who had shit in the hood of her snowmobile jacket, did not notice that this had occurred, then discovered it several hours later as they sat down to eat in a bar somewhere, when Crazy Office Supply Julie entered the room.

Naturally, all conversation ends as we look in Crazy Office Supply Julie's direction. Coming up behind me, she bends down and says quietly in my ear "We can hear you laughing in the Superior Room."

"Oh.... you can?" I say back, quite embarrassed and a little stunned that she had interrupted the meeting then made such a display out of the situation. "Perhaps I need to stop laughing then," I said, looking at the group.

"Oh, no.. no.... It's quite a cheerful laugh, I'm just letting you know," after which she straightened back up, turned on her heel, and left the room.

What the hell?????

I didn't quite know what to think. I just looked around at everyone and stated I wasn't going to be laughing anymore, apparently. This, of course, got everyone laughing again, everyone but me, that is. I just smiled. I was ticked right off to the core, actually. How in the heck could I be the only person heard in a room full of laughing people?

She has it out for me, I'm certain. For some reason, unknown to me, she has decided to hate and envy me.

I just wish people would get to know the real me, not just the me that they perceive me to be.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tor said...

As far as I've been able to figure out, that's dang nigh impossible. We all have our holes that we like to peg other people into, and we get pegged into a few ourselves. We just have to try and be open to the truth that who we think other people are is as much of our own mental processes as it is what we've seen of other people.

I say, keep laughing. If you stop being your authentic self, they'll never get anywhere near the real you. And what a loss to the world a stifled laugh is.

7:16 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Except for those that don't make a shit anyway. Keep on laughing.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

tor, thanks for stopping by! Unfortunately, I don't think there are that many people who do get to know the real me anyway. I have thought about what happened in depth, and, I've decided to just keep being myself, after all, I have to consider the source. This DID come from Crazy Office Supply Julie. If anyone on earth is getting attention and she is not, that person is her instant enemy, whether they know it or not.

fuzzbox, I think I shall.

ben, glad to see you!! I think you are right, people do tend to border that line when they know you are an easy going person. Actually, I think they purposely try to see just how far they can go before you snap. (The professional game of button pushing.)

8:12 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I believe the upper management at you company is secretly adding psychotropic drugs to the water supply in the building...

1:07 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

You need to get a bullhorn, sneak up behind her, and scream, "You're a bitch!"

3:19 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Yeah, well, ppl can hear MY laugh from a mile away. LOL. I believe someone mentioned the word "boisterous".

5:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a happy 4th Sherri :)

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons