My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Tent Worms and Cleaning Spray

Warning: the following story is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. 3 plants and several tent worms were killed in the process of this story.

One of the hanging baskets on my deck had been looking sparse for days. Feeding and watering it seemed to be doing no good, I absolutely couldn't figure it out.

Finally, I could take it no longer, I unhooked the hanging basked and set it on the porch, hoping to get a good look at what was keeping my basked from flourishing like the rest.

What I seen will give me nightmares for the rest of my life.

The basket was literally crawling with tent worm catipillars! I shrunk back in horror and disgust, my only thoughts were to flee from terror. Throwing rational thought to the wind, I ran into the house and grabbed the first spray thing I could find, a bottle of clorox cleaner.

Like a mad woman I sprayed the hell out of the hanging basket, watching as one by one the worms fell, writhing in pain. Feeling some sort of twisted accomplishment, I hung the basket back up and forgot all about the incident.

Until this morning, that is, when I discovered the lifeless, leafless petunia twigs sticking out of my hanging basket.

7 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

To think I was going to buy some hanging baskets yesterday, ummm... I don't think so right now. I need the visuals to just GO AWAY...

8:46 AM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

the ghosts of the worms are coming for you TONIGHT!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I would rather deal with worm ghosts then the wretched bugs that joe keeps throwing at me!

Just today, June bug, on my desk, no warning, flies through the air and lands on my print.

I'm going to have to kick his butt.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

I would bea nervous wreck in your house Sherri..Too many bugs...

7:04 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

You really need to come up with something BIG to get back at Joe, he has really crossed the line repeatedly! I don't like him *pout*

9:06 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

We just moved to a new office and I had an incredibly creepy rollie pollie encounter. I feel your pain!

11:26 PM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

I picked two junebugs out of my pool yesterday. SO gross!

you know, you CAN buy hissing cockroaches online right?

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons