My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Holiday Burn-out

Believe it or not, it's actually nice to be at work today.

Post traumatic stress syndrome has begun to set in from the events of last weekend. It first became apparent when I was certain I could see glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets following me to work this morning. (Upon closer inspection, I discovered the glow in the dark novelties were littered in the back seat and hatch area of my jeep.)

Sleep deprivation has also taken it's toll. At the moment, it is nearly impossible to string enough conscious thoughts together to have a conversation. Too many fireworks displays, too little time. Ugh!!

Last Friday was the first day of my second job. I HATE the second job! Thank God it's only on Fridays, because, if I had to do it more then once a week, the second job would be history. It's not really a hard job, I'm actually just cleaning offices, but it's just so time consuming. I had no idea people could pack so much stuff into an office. Do they realize all of that stuff that is packed in there has to be picked up and cleaned once a week by someone?? Now that I think about it, I'm sure they do, but, they aren't the ones cleaning it, so, I'm sure it doesn't matter.

But it's giving me an extra $200 a month, I can't pass that up.

Interesting observation: A few posts ago I had posed the question "Does the world fly by for people who operate in slow motion?" I can honestly say NO, it does not fly by. So far this day has been the longest day of my life. 6 more excruciating hours to go.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ben, you're probably right! The production managers meetings are the highlight of my day some days. LOL

12:56 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

Time goes fast for me as well, which is odd seeing as I am not actually doing anything!
i did a stint at office cleaning for a while, I hated it. The people were so rude (mainly the women).They were also doing things like emptying the hole puncher into the bin but not quite getting the millions of tiny holes into the bin.
The ladies bathrooms gave me nightmares.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

You went forward with the second job! I'm so out of touch.

I'm one of the evildoers who crams all kinds of crap into my office space. And yes, you're right, I'm perfectly aware that Robin (the woman who cleans our office) has to pick it all up to clean it, but I still have it there...

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons