My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I'm Back

Thanks to Ben, I now have the above image haunting me. Maybe it's a good thing, it has certainly given me back the urge to put the fingers to the keyboard and document the insane situations that plague my daily life.

Last night was our first 'Dungbeetle' softball practice.

Words can not convey the sights to have been seen.

For some reason I had gotten the preconceived notion that my children might like to see their Mom out there hustling her butt in a softball practice, I couldn't have been more mistaken!! It was a nightmare. From across the field I could hear them fighting, Zach and Thomas both yelling "Mom, make him stop". From behind me I could hear Zach yelling "Mom, are you done yet?" in his sarcastic pre-teen voice. From the corner of my eye I could see Thomas wandering into the field to stand by me. Definitely the las time I bring them to a practice!


Highlights of the Practice
  • Pretty Boy Ed getting hit in the groin during his stint as catcher.
  • Getting stung by a bee twice while I covered center field.
  • Listened in horror as Ed yelled out to everyone that after practice we need to "visit Sherri's old skinny dipping creek".
  • Laughed uncontrollably at Ed's embarrassment as he realized he had said this in front of my kids.
  • Hitting the ball far enough into the field that I was able to make it to base.
  • Watching Keith slide into 3rd base in a pair of shorts.
  • Returning to work today basically ok while Keith has road rash on his legs, Joe is visiting the chiropractor after work, Ed has an irrational fear of balls flying between his legs, Carrie's arm is sore to the touch, and Deb feels like she has been steam rolled.

9 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

YAY !!!YAY!!!AND THRICE YAY!!!

I knew it wouldn't be long with the threat of Heino hanging over you.

That's such a funny post Sherri. Everybody (including all kids and half the population of MI)on a pilgrimage to Sherri's skinny dipping pond. If ever I go to Gaylord I'm definitely going to search it out !

10:01 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ben, I'll be sure to give you a guided tour. LOL

That guys eyes STILL creap me out! LOL!!!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW and I was just about to rush out and get you a going away present. Guess I'll just get something for myself instead :p

This all sounds like a reinactment from A League Of Their Own lol. I wonder who played Madonna :D

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's what I needed to read today. I had tears in my eyes trying to picture the whole event.
This would make a great script for television.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

gareth, you can still give me the gift if you like. :D

nevada girl, I agree! I've definitely got sitcom material written all over me. LOL!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

A fear of balls flying between your legs is never an irrational fear.

You should change your team's name to...

The Disabled

4:03 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I want to hear more about your "Old skinny-dipping creek"!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

phoenix, Disabled Dungbeetles does have a ring to it. :D

ranger tom, how I miss my youth! To just be 18 again.....

5:40 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

You gonna give Joe a 'get well soon puss' card.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons