My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, July 30, 2006

This Week in the Health Food Fanatic's Office.....

*Half empty box of Fruit Loops, missing. In its place is an unopened box of Apple Jacks. (Apparently Health Food Fanatic has a pension for sugar cereals.)

*The remains of 2 large Dairy Queen Blizzard treats stashed neatly beneath his desk next to the mega carb drinks. (Perhaps he just has a sweet tooth??)

*Tato Skins missing, no evidence of their existence whatsoever. (He's goooood!)



Something I have quickly discovered is that people do not give a crap about the people who clean their offices. I find it to be really insulting, actually. I mean, just exactly who do they think they are?? I have to wonder if they sit at their desks and think of how much more wonderful they are then people like me, or who they perceive me to be. Do they think me to be uneducated, that it is because of them I'm able to find gainful employment? That, if it weren't for the kindness of their hearts, and the messes they make, people like ME would have it even worse?

Well, THEY don't have a clue!!

The people who I clean offices for appear to be very religious, very charitable, very nice. I don't happen to think this is the case. In every office I see plaques with bible verses, diplomas from the Oral Roberts University, awards for charitable donations, you name it, I see it.

But, what I also see is, the Michigan State room, whose occupant was too lazy to change out the defective trash bag he placed in it, so, when I went in to change the trash it completely ripped apart in my hands. Stale coffee, an old piece of cake, a mound of paper, take out food everywhere. I was doused in somebody's old stale coffee!! How exactly is that looking out for your fellow man?

What I also see is hand and bare feet prints on the Clean Freak's desk. Bare feet on the desk?? Now, what exactly do you suppose he was up to? Do you suppose he was changing a light bulb, perched precariously on the edge of his desk in his bare feet so as not to damage the finish on his mahogany desk? I have my suspicions too.



The guy in the corner office showed up again today as I was doing floors. It's odd how I always see this guy, I think I irritated the hell out of him today, however. All morning I had been the only one there, I didn't know anyone was in the office and he appeared out of nowhere, scaring the hell out of me. I screamed. Twice actually, he caught me by surprise by the copy machine just before I left, scaring the hell out of me once again.

I'm sure he now thinks I'm crazy. Oh well, sometimes crazy is good.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I'm sorry you're so frustrated. I honestly don't think people sit there and think they're better than the people who cleana the office or think they're uneducated. Instead, they simply don't think. It doesn't occur to them that someone must clean up the messes they make. I know it's dumb because naturally someone has to clean, but they just don't think about it.

Hang in there.

6:21 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Crazy works. I use the tactic all the time.

1:16 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

jessica, I wish people would start thinking. I'll bet they don't do that stuff in their homes.

fuzzbox, I may have to use that tactic more often. :)

6:22 AM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Hypocrisy abounds these days. Posting signs about loving your fellow man ... being sure to say the right things when people can hear it ... and then acting like a total ass when it's convenient and easy. Sickening.

-- david

2:04 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

david, I agree 100%

3:08 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

In many ways, adults actually don't grow up. I think many of us are actually children with mortgages.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

I used to clean offices too, and Lord give me strength. The people I cleaned for. Unfortunately for me, a lot of them were still working when I cleaned them. There was this one woman who literally looked down her nose at me! I thought it was a metaphor or something until I met her.

She wanted every single hole punch dot and speck of white dust on her brown crappy carpet to be picked up, and inspected all around her desk while I was there. If I missed anything, she immediately notified my supervisor. What a... well, I won't say it.

Always, Jas...

11:05 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I guess I just have too much faith in humanity. I'm probably wrong. After all, I've never cleaned offices, so what do I know about it. Sounds like you have to clean up for jerks.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons