My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, August 13, 2006

More Strangeness Afoot

I somehow mustered the courage to return to the offices this morning and finish my cleaning, all the craziness of last night behind me, thankfully.

At least, I had thought.

I arrive to everything exactly as I had left it. The cleaning supplies in a harried mess in the entrance way corner, one small bag of trash waiting to be placed in the dumpster. A small sense of security washed over me in the normalness of it all, I just knew I had been imagining things last night, alone at night in an empty office area could probably do that to anyone.

Which, if you think about that, that in itself was odd. Very odd indeed...

I have never been entirely alone in those offices. During my training period, I had Maryanne with me, and when I didn't, invariably somebody always showed up to put in a little extra time.

Naturally, I pick back up this morning where I left off. I can't explain how this stuff happens to me, yet it seems to happen every time. Last week it was the ripped trash bag completely dousing me in it's contents, this week it was the shower head going out of control as I attempted to fill the mop bucket with water. Normally, I can prop the shower head on the bucket and continue to clean the bathroom as it fills. Not today. Today it decided to fall inside the bucket and literally spray the entire room from every angle. It took me forever to wipe down all of the walls.

Have I mentioned I hate this job???

Once I had completely and thoroughly soaked myself from head to toe filling the mop bucket it was time to do the floors. This is the part of the job I do like the most, this is the part where I know I'm almost done. So, I vacuum the carpets and mop the bathrooms and tile knowing I'll soon be done and everything went normal.

As usual, the last thing I always do is ensure the trash has been completely taken to the dumpster and all lights shut off. This is where the weirdness begins, AGAIN! I grab the keys from the receptionist desk for the compactor and take the last remaining bag out of the entrance way and head outside to the compactor. Nothing out of the ordinary, I unlock it, toss in the garbage, and let it run it's cycle.

On my return to the office door I find that my key will not let me in! I'm literally locked out! For at least 10 minutes I try to get back in, twisting the knob this way, pushing the door that way, nothing! Freaking out, I call Maryanne and let her know that I'm locked out and can't get back in.

No answer. She's at church.

So, I decide to go to Wal Mart and pick up a few things waiting for her to get back with me. (Thankfully she did!) I agree to meet her at the office building and we head up to the door. It still wouldn't open, or so we thought. As she backed off the door the thing popped right open. Right before my eyes the thing popped right open and she commented that someone needs to look at the door, it may be sticking.

OMG!! The door handle has to be in the upright position (this can only be achieved if you are holding the door handle) in order for the door to open. What the hell? Sticking? Sticking to what??

With Maryanne and her husband, I entered the building once again and take the last 5 minutes to hastily put the keys back on the receptionists desk and make one final walk through with them. I did not mention any of the craziness that I had experienced.

I am pleased to announce that I got rave reviews from Maryanne, she is very pleased with my work. She was actually a little glad that she got the chance to walk through with me so we could go over everything one on one, kind of like a performance evaluation.

5 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I think there must be a poltergeist of some kind there.

Sherri, if you don't mind me asking ?
If you hate this part time job so much, why do you have to do it ?
I hope you don't think the question too personal but it crossed my mind.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

ben, not too personal, I don't mind sharing. I'm trying to build up a savings. 4 years ago I pretty much depleted everything I had when I was put on 4 months of bedrest during my pregnancy. I've never been able to put anything back into it, which bothers the heck out of me.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Oh HELL NO!!! You couldn't drag me back in there without an exorcism... More power to you, you are obviously much stronger than me, LOL!!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

big mama, you crack me up! LOL!!!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Thanks for answering. I see what you mean

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons