My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Is 32 old?

I sit here, and think to myself, I am not old. I don't feel old, I don't think I look old, how do you really know if you ARE old?

I was in the check out line at Kohl's today, my mind a million miles away, when one comment snapped me back to reality immediately. It left me speechless, actually.

"Remember when our Grandma's used to wear stuff like this?" the teeny bopper cashier was smiling at me, pointing out a top I had picked out.

"I don't recall my Grandmother ever wearing stuff like this." WTF?? Was she really telling me I was about to purchase and wear something my Grandmother would have worn?

"Well, you're probably right. Your Grandma was probably a million years older then mine," still smiling, still looking right at me.

I was speechless. I didn't know what to say.

"Probably not, my Grandmother was still wearing bones and furs with the other cave women," the lady behind me laughed, the check out girls smile immediately faded.

Which leaves me wondering, if I found myself single again, have I surpassed the desirable age limit for women? Am I now doomed to a life of solitaire with my 18 cats?

8 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

32 years old is ideal age in my mind.

When I was in my teens (20 years ago ), I always thought that a woman in her early 30's was way more sexy than a girl of my own age.

Anyway, where's hubby ? Is he still wearing your shoes ?

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO. I am in the middle of an internet dating frenzy, and 32 is not old...at least by internet standards. From what I have seen of you, everything still works...you look great. Having kids is the tough one, but you would be very surprised how many guys out there have there kids at least half time now. YOu will do fine. If I didn't like you so much, I would ask you out myself...if you were to become single. But since I do like you, I would not subject you to me...lol.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

I'm going to be 35 in January and I think I have more fun now than I ever did in my 20's when I go out with the girls. I have my boy at home but I still get the "young uns" flirting with me and I totally enjoy it!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Sherri, I am 39 and I only wish I could be 32 again. You are at your sexual peak. You are beautiful and intelligent. No, you are far from old. You are at an awesome age. (So am I for that matter. LOL!)

5:50 PM  
Blogger Vodka Absolut said...

I just turned 30 and to me 32 is NOT OLD. You're so smart and funny! I have one cat, and my friends are not allowing me to get another one. ha!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll be 31 next week so to me 32 is just around the 2nd next corner lol :D

10:58 AM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

I'll be 33 in a little over 20 days, and I feel pretty darn good. I wouldn't let some moronic teenie make you feel old.

1:13 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

32 is still young. I am quite a few years more advanced and still feel like a pup most days. I am still a Toys R Us kid.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons