My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!!

So, here I am, 3:50 am, Christmas morning, posting on my blog. What brings me here, you ask?

Let me tell you.

Like a good Mom, I continue to feed my little guy the speel about Santa, and how he comes on Christmas Eve. In order to perpetuate this belief, I am forced to wait until Christmas Eve to put anything under the tree.

I'll be glad when he no longer believes....

After skillfully putting Thomas to sleep (and falling asleep myself in the process), I stumble down the stairs at 12:30 and set to wrapping gifts. It's amazing how much stuff a person can hide around the house! From every nook and cranny I pulled something, finally ending up with a pile in the center of my living room that I thought I would never get wrapped.

I did, however, manage to wrap it all, and it only took me 3 and a half hours. Excellent timing, I might add.

There I sat, wrapping away, tape stuck to everything in sight, with 'Carrie' playing in the background on the late night movie.

Yes, that is correct, tonight of all nights the late night movie playing on channel 45 is Stephen King's 'Carrie'.

Is there anyone else out there who sees this to be a bit odd??

At least I have survived the night, and the gifts are wrapped. Hope you all have a merry Christmas!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Big Mama said...

Merry Christmas Sherri, I hope this new year brings you a new hope and the happiness that you deserve. I enjoy your writing style and I am so glad I found you in this vast sea of bloggers. Hope this is the best Christmas ever.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Jay Noel said...

"They're all gonna laugh at you..."

OK, that was bad.

Merry Christmas, and I hope you were able to recover ALL those presents you hid.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

big mama, that was so sweet, I love to see comments from you! I hope the new year brings you everything you need and deserve!

phoenix, LOL!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I realized 'Carrie' was playing on TV! And, believe it or not, I was able to find every present I had hidden.

Ask me again in May when I uncover something and think "what the hell is this doing here??" LOL!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you and yours had a Merry Christmas, Sherri. And I'm wishing you a Happy New Year!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

bryan, I'm so glad you stopped by! I hope you had a merry Christmas as well!!

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons