My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!

So, it is official, I am now 34 years old.

Funny, I don't feel any different.....

I'm feeling pretty good, actually, especially since I did indeed decide to pickle my liver last night with some Miller Chill.

BTW, if you've never had it, it's pretty good. I really like it, anyway. Just a light beer with a hint of lime.

Funny story.....

Picture it. Charlie, Thomas, Hannah, and I are all in the beer isle at Wal Mart. Charlie is asking me what I wanted to drink to celebrate my birthday with. After looking around in the isle I happened to see the Miller Chill and remembered that I had once thought about wanting to give it a try.

"Ooooh, let's get some Miller Chill," I state, pointing at the 6-pack.

"You sure that's what you want?" Charlie is questioning just to make sure I don't change my mind. I change my mind a lot when it comes to food products and alcohol.

"Yeah, I saw Scott drinking it the other day, I thought it looked good," Thomas has begun tugging on my sleeve. I look down to see what he wants.

"Are you drunk Mom?" Thomas is speaking in a loud voice, people up and down the isle have now turned to look in our direction. His big round eyes are totally sincere.

"No, I'm not drunk," I laugh, trying not to draw any more attention to us then we already have.

"But you're buying beer," he replies, big brown eyes staring up at me. I'm still laughing a little, he certainly did look cute.

"Just because you buy beer it doesn't mean you are drunk. You don't get drunk until you've had too much to drink," I had no idea what else to tell him.

When the man who was standing near the wine started to laugh I knew it was time to get the heck out of there.

Egads!

3 Comments:

Blogger tsduff said...

That is hilarious!! I love that story ;) You know, I've always wanted to try that beer - I was only recently introduced to having a Corona with a lime wedge in it and it is divine. I imagine the Chill is something similary. Happy happy birthday - to a young and yes, energetic young Mommy :)

12:51 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Thomas says the best things. I wonder what Seth has in store for me over the next few years.

I once asked my mother at church why another woman had such a "big butt." Naturally, we were well within earshot of this woman and her butt. I feel just terrible about it today. I really hope she doesn't remember.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Teriana said...

My niece once pointed to a man a Burger King who had a gelatinous belly and said laughingly, "That's man's tummy's as fat as Papa's." I wonder if I ever said things like that when I was little. I know they're not nearly as cute and endearing when I say them today.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons