My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, July 07, 2008

Good friends, deep fried turkey, and flavored vodka....

Note to self: Never consume alcoholic beverages at friends bbq's.... ever.

It's amazing what friends will say to each other at a bbq when alcoholic beverages are involved.

Last Saturday I attended a bbq at my friend Mary's house. I had so much fun, it's been a long time since I've enjoyed myself that much. Not sure if it was the fact that I've recently started taking anxiety/depression medication or if it was just seeing a few old friends I hadn't seen in a while, either way, it was good to be out.

By the end of the evening Mary, Deb, and I were feeling pretty good. With several drinks under our belts, our lips were loose and the word 'secret' was no longer in our vocabulary.

Undoubtedly not a good thing!

I'm just thankful I didn't have as much liquid bravery coursing through my veins as Deb. I'm sure her husband would be pretty upset if he knew she let it spill that the two of them were having an affair for quite a while before they separated from their previous significant others.

Which makes me wonder, just how many people out there have had an affair or are currently in an affair that nobody knows about? It seems as though in one way, shape, or form that everyone I know has had some experience with the temptation and allure of something new.

Myself included.

I want to think that the human race has the capability of staying faithful to that one life long partner, but, is it possible?

When hapiness is involved, I can't help but think it isn't.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Friendly said...

Just read up to your stalker story...

I want to lift your spirits with an artful zinger.

I'm just too afraid.

Mein Gott!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'm still pretty happy, but it's only been twelve years -- fifteen if you count dating. I stop by in another twenty years and let you know how it's going. :)

9:52 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

It IS possible. First marriage (17 years)- there was an affair. Second marriage (13 years) - I vowed to stay in the marriage no matter what happened. Then he died. Current relationship - not married, but together until the end.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

*SIGH* I USED to think people could be faithful, I know I can (at least at this point, heh.)

I still know some couples who claim they were both faithful, but I always wonder.....

10:39 PM  
Blogger ghartstein said...

My ex tried and failed at having an affair (at least the one I know about) and it was the final straw in our already faltering marriage. Not cheated on anyone myself, and hope I never do - no plans to. Thankfully, though I've been tempted in past relationships - and even told by friends and therapists that it was a miracle I didn't cheat - I've not gone down that road.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I've been married forty five years and neither of us has had an affair. We love each other. Every day is a new adventure.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I know it is possible. Some people just have a different view of committment than others and that view is becoming more popular. I am completely faithful to my husband and I am sure he is to me. My parents have been married for nearly 40 years and they have been faithful, I have no doubts. There IS hope.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I stopped by your blog because Dr. John made you his link of the day...he's like that. Always trying to get more of us connected.

Anyway, I think I fall somewhere in the middle with my opinion on this. My husband and I will be married 24 years in November. He cheated on me. Once that I know of. He says that's all and though I made the decision to stay in the marriage and move on there's a part of me that will always wonder and there's always that moment of doubt when he works late or I don't know where he is. I've never had an affair. I'd divorce him before I'd do that. If it was to the point I'd consider cheating then it'd either be time to fix things or get out.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons