My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Purple Sweater

Like usual, Stretch was in my face and underfoot last night as I rang up my last customer. Part way through her items I came across a purple sweater that did not have a tag attached.

"I'm going to have to go grab an item with a tag to scan," I commented and smiled at the customer.

"What for?" Stretch barked from over my shoulder.

"This item does not have a tag, I'll be right back," I choked out in my most polite, fake smiling tone.

"I'll grab one, you just keep ringing," she stated, turning on her heel and leaving my side.

I finished scanning the rest of the customers merchandise and pulled out a dress bag when Stretch returned.

"Ok, scan this one," with the sweater in her hand, she held the tag under the scanner as I totaled out the sale. Without a thought, I let stretch bag up the merchandise while I tendered the sale and thanked the customer for shopping with us.

Several hours passed and I was in the back doing a little cleaning when Stretched approached me asking me what I did with the purple sweater.

"I didn't do anything with the purple sweater. You bagged up the purchase. Why?" I knew the minute she asked me where the sweater was that she had mistakenly bagged up both sweaters.

"I can't find it out on the floor," she replied, suddenly quieted.

"Oh, do you think you may have mistakenly bagged it up with the rest of that purchase?" I could hear a hint of vindication in my voice. Inwardly I was smiling with glee at the thought she had made such a huge mistake.

"Oh crap. Maybe she'll bring it back," I could hear a hesitation in her voice, she was trying to make the situation appear to be lighter than it was, like it wasn't such a big deal.

"I doubt it," turning my back to her I went back to my cleaning.

I can't help but wonder what is going to come out of all this. Will Stretch ever be made responsible for her error? I know I'm not going to rat her out, but, sometimes these things have a way of coming to light. And, if it does come to light, will I somehow be implicated because it is my name and number on the sales receipt?

I'm just going to have to wait and see.

2 Comments:

Blogger tsduff said...

I do hope the real truth comes out... and that you are completely in the clear ;) ha ha ha I love it when it seems to work out like it should for once.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Who knows, perhaps it will work out for me, for once!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons