My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, January 12, 2009

Something I've learned.....

When it comes to sales, scruples are out the window.

I can honestly say Stretch is not my favorite manager to work with. The other employees getting along with her really well..... It must be just me. If I have to take another day of her hovering over me I'm going to go insane.

My biggest disappointment yesterday came when she stole my customer. She literally stole my customer right out of the fitting room! I almost died when I returned to the customers fitting room to see how she was doing only to discover Stretch knocking on her door, yelling out "How's it going in there?"

It must have burned her right up when we did the final reports yesterday and I ended up selling $30 more then she did for the day.

She's the stores top seller, after all.

I'm getting the feeling that Stretch may be viewing me as competition. Which, I can assure you, this job is by no means anything I would consider long term. It bothered her, the other day, when she asked me what I did at my previous job and I told her I was in management. The look on her face said it all when I told her I had only worked in management for 8 years though because the prior 3 and a half were spent working for purchasing.

I could read her like a book. Her guard went up immediately.

She took a step back, crossed her arms, and immediately changed the subject. From that point on she has knit picked my every last move.

Thank God I'm only part time; and, thank God I don't work with her a whole lot.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Yeah, it's "just you" b/c you're the only one who ever sells more than she does... She sounds like a trip.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

She's one of a kind, that's for sure. She could certainly use a lesson or two on proper social ettiquette.

8:22 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

It is hard, when people don't like you. And it's even worse when it is because they feel threatened. Good luck.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Terry, thanks! I'm going to need it!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons