My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Open mouth, insert foot.

I feel like the stupid person who asks the fat woman when her baby is due.

Utterly horrified.

A man walks up to the counter tonight with 2 cases of Bush beer. Amused at his shirtless chest and black leather vest, I take a minute to scope out his entire outfit. Leather arm cuffs, beads, feathers.... Indian? It is, after all, the night before Halloween. Already I have seen a cereal killer, a pregnant nun, Bugsy, and a french maid.

"Let me guess, you're the indian from the Village People," laughing hysterically, I'm completely unable to contain myself.

"Where," Squanto is scanning the gas station for this person who is dressed like one of the Village People.

Where??? Did he actually say where???

Holy crap! This guy isn't actually wearing a costume. He's dressed like this for real!

Attempting to save face, I casually changed the subject by asking him where his jacket was, it was like 35 degrees outside. This backfired as well, however, and he stood there in silence while I tendered his sale.

Needless to say, I doubt this guy will be frequenting the store any time soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger TrĂ©e said...

See you still have that wonderful sense of humor. I've enjoyed catching up. You've given me many smiles this Sunday morning. :-)

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

Maybe he'll mend his shirtless ways thanks to you. The universe would owe you a favor.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Thanks Tree, I'm glad to hear that I haven't lost my touch.

Jessica, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. X

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons