My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Friday, July 29, 2005

"Jeeps are made to be tight like that"

Contrary to popular belief, not all women were born yesterday. Some men need to be just shot and left by the roadside.

'Smitty' at Gaylord Collision was explaining to me, this afternoon, how jeeps have such tight doors. "That is just the way they are made." Now, looking at the passenger side front and rear door, it is impossible for me to believe that they are supposed to touch each other when they are closed. So, I tell him once again that I am unhappy with the fact that they are too close together. He then tries to explain to me about the lines of the vehicle and how they match up. So, I wait for the end of his explanation. I look at him, and state "I find it awfully hard to believe that the drivers side doors do not touch, and that the lines and hinges align perfectly then. I mean, if what your stating is correct, they should also be in the same conditions as these, am I correct??"

He immediately tells me that he wants to pull it in and tweak the door to see if he could adjust the door. I was appalled at the fact that he was intending on just giving me a line about how "jeeps are made like that". Does he think that I have such little intelligence that I could not see that this was indeed a 'line'??

Hopefully I have taken a stride for women everywhere by standing my ground and not letting him 'feed me a line' and accept it willingly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons