My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Sunday, August 28, 2005

10 things you can experience at the fair that you're likely not to experience anywhere else

1. Carnies. One in particular from last night comes to mind. She had no teeth, spit on my hand when she was talking to me, and had extremely long toes. (Toes?? You may be asking.......yes, she was working her ride with her bare feet kicked up. Ugh!)

2. Elephant ears. Nothing beats an elephant ear! Yum!

3. A pageant queen who can show up wearing a flannel shirt and jeans. It's perfectly acceptable when you're the Fair Queen.

4. The main attraction? Why, the demolition derby of course!! Don't know what it is about grown men smashing into each other at the fair that I find so fascinating.

5. Only at the fair can you have a 45 minute conversation with a complete stranger about a tractor.

6. Watching your child's face light up as he pets the animals. (Thomas had a moment worth remembering last night. He had grabbed a goats leash, tugged a bit, and said 'Look at me!!' So cute!)

7. Getting your picture taken with your head sticking out of hole in a piece of wood that has the body of an old man and woman painted on it. (From the famous picture with the guy holding the pitchfork in front of the farm house.)

8. 4-H exhibits. This years favorite, the butterfly/moth exhibit.

9. The smell of livestock. Yuck!

10. Watch a man carve an angel out of a tree with a chainsaw.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

Much to my friends dismay, I have actively avoided the state fair since moving here. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed fairs in the past, but here the attract the people I work so hard to not associate with (they make good blog entries though).

On the 4-H note, for some reason, out of the blue, my dad tried to get me involved in it when I was a freshman. I had no clue at the time what it was. After one meeting I quit, as I had no interest or skills in any of the areas they promote.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Yikes! Freshman? That's way to old to be starting in 4-H. :D

12:20 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

My dad was always a day late and a dollar short.

A day too late to buy a condom and a dollar short on my allowance day.

I'm linking you by the way, I love you that much.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Cool!! Glad to know there are people out there who get as much of a kick out of my blog as I do! :)

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons