My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, August 18, 2005

11 going on 30

"Mom, where's the cell phone??" my 11 year old yells, walking up behind me as I'm reading my email.

"It's in the jeep," I reply. I'm suddenly wondering what in the heck he needs the cell phone for. He heads outside and comes back in with the cell phone.

"You let the battery go dead! I need to use the phone!" He's mad. If I didn't know any better, I would mistake him for a 16 year old girl.

"Plug it in....you know where the charger is," my curiosity has the better of me. I listen in as he makes his phone call. He has called his friend Josh and asks what he is up to. Silence. He then says 'nothing'. (Referring to what he is doing, I presume.) He says ok and hangs up.

"Mom, can I go for a bike ride?" he whispers in my ear. The little bugger, he knows his dad just grounded him from his bike. He went for a 'ride' yesterday and was gone for 9 hours without a phone call or anything. He's playing on my weakness - I don't like to see him upset and sad.

"You know your dad grounded you from your bike. No."

"Why??" he's speaking just a hair louder.

"Because you are grounded."

"Why am I grounded??" he's a little bit louder yet. Still trying to keep it down, doesn't want to get caught manipulating his mother.

"You took off for a bike ride yesterday, 9 hours later, after dark, you showed back up at the house. Until you can act responsibly, no bike riding for you!" I have imitated the 'Soup Nazi' from Seinfeld. He is not laughing, however.

"AAAGH!! That's not fair!! Can I have a can of pop then?!?" He stomps around behind me. I laugh inwardly, sneaky little devil. Trying to slip a can of pop in there now. Like I won't even notice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons