My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Can I go home now??

The minute I got here today I was bombarded with issues. I didn't even get a chance to make it to my desk. Elizabeth stopped my on my way past her work station to talk about a board I put in NCM yesterday. Now, that in itself, pissed me off. First reason, she was double checking my work. She had to verify for herself that the boards weren't acceptable. Second reason, she was unable to actually figure out what the discrepancy was. It was visibly obvious that the break aways were not to print. If she had even looked at the print, she would have seen it. Third reason, she asked one of the receivers why I rejected them. This receiver had absolutely no clue, and told her it was because a hole size was off. She had deducted that from overhearing a partial conversation I had with Dave yesterday. Fourth reason, if she had actually reviewed the text in the NCM that I had created, it would have saved me a 45 minute conversation.

While still discussing my actions from yesterday with Elizabeth, Mary and Audrey show up. Each with an issue of their own. Another 45 minute hassle in the works. Thank God (so I thought) I got to cut out early to head for the production managers meeting. Of course, that ended up terrible as well. Got to listen to Jim C. cry the blues about losing his pack out person to my receiving area and how unfair it was and how the process wasn't followed. So, there I sit, the bad guy. I just wanted to jab his eyes out with my favorite pen. (He is forever teasing me about that stupid pen.) All of their others jump on his band wagon immediately, naturally. I'm not a part of their clique, and never will be. (Thank God - I never wanted to be lumped into their category) Finally, I just told them perhaps if Jeff hadn't told Mark he wasn't even sure he needed to replace Scott this wouldn't have happened. I am consistently faced with not getting all the receipts in day after day and need the help. Now all of a sudden he made the decision that Julie was coming to my area, and Scott was going to yours, and Jeff can't let Scott go. This is where the problems lies, not with me stealing your pack out person. It was a little quiet after that.

Joe broke the silence and suggested we break for Zona's proto meeting. I followed his lead and got up as well. He then joked and said "I suppose it's not the appropriate time to be asking for prep help." I just laughed and walked right out of the room. I tried like hell to look unaffected by the stupid bickering and bullshit games that went on. Inside, however, I was ready to kick Jim's ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons