My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Yes Dad.......

The left side dock door in the receiving department would not go down today. Try as I might, I just couldn't get the damn thing to go all the way down. By now, first shift maintenance had already left, and I was scouring the second shift for a manager to notify. I find them chit chatting about who knows what. So, I approach, trying not to but in, and wait for the conversation to end. It doesn't end. Now I'm standing there, impossible to be unnoticed, and yet they continue talking about something stupid that happened during the day when they weren't even at work yet.

In frustration, I look down the isle way and see the Director of Operations coming. He smiled seeing the frustration on my face. So, I blow past them and go right to the Director of Operations and explain the situation. (Actually, I think I said the receiving dock door won't shut all the way, and unless we have theft coverage on the insurance policy, we may want to get it fixed.) He laughs, and asks if I've gotten with the Production Control Manager. I explain no, I didn't because he was in his office with a business manager and planner with the door shut. So, he proceeds to laugh and tell me to barge in. Who cares if his office door is shut. So, of course, my mouth speaks before my brain has time to process rational thought, I say 'easy for you to say. Your his boss!'

By now, we are standing directly in front of the Production Control Managers office, and the door is still shut, and the people were still in there. So I say 'I'll just give him a call. I'm here until 5:00.' Director of Operations starts laughing even harder and makes me interrupt the meeting to tell him that my dock door won't shut. I felt like a total idiot!! I had to do it though. I mean, come on, he's the head cheese, there's nobody else in this building that is higher on the corporate ladder then him. He was totally getting a kick out of it too. The scum! Thank God I still get along really good with him, he was my boss for 2 1/2 years, and in that time I got to know him fairly well. In fact, even though he's really tough and not a real people person, I wish he was still my boss.

Interesting Side Note: Director of Operations did not shave today. He has grey whiskers. Orange red hair, always perfectly styled, and grey whiskers. I'm pretty sure that they were short enough that nobody could see them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons