My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Thursday, August 11, 2005

OMG!!

Driving to work this morning, radio blaring, singing along, not particularly paying as much attention to the road as I should have been. You know how it is. All of a sudden, a bird drops out of the sky and hits my windshield. I screamed, swerved, didn't know what in the heck was going on. (Thank God I didn't have my kids with me!) I came to a complete stop at the side of the road. Heart beating nearly through my chest, I get out of the jeep and walk back about 10 feet where I see a big brown thing on the side of the road. It's a wild turkey. I nearly had a heart attack. I could feel my heart almost beating out of my chest. An oncoming car stopped to see if everything was alright, and I start to tell him the story. He probably thought I was insane. I appeared sane enough. Yellow polo shirt, khaki skirt, leather sandals. I didn't have any drool hanging from the corner of my mouth or a machete dangling from my side. He just laughed, looked at the feathers on my wiper, and told me to have a good day. If I ever see this guy again, I know the first thing I'm going to wonder is if he's thinking to himself 'oh my God, that's that crazy woman I seen the other day.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons