My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

How was my day? Let me tell you....

Monday, August 15, 2005

Sounds like a line to me.......

The vacuum cleaner is my mechanical nemesis. Not sure what it is about the thing, but it bests me every time. I'm surprised the thing still runs after what it has put me through. I can't even begin to count the times I've had to completely tear it apart to unwind raveled threads and strings and shoe laces in the past. I've replaced at least 3 belts because of those issues alone. I'll never forget the day it would no longer create suction. Absolutely no air intake at all. So, once again I tore it apart to see what the evil creature had thrown at me this time. What do I find, a tooth brush lodged up in the hose with a hot wheel car right behind it. Or, the time the baby sock flew across the tile directly into the vacuum hose as I was cleaning the dust from the molding. Right before my eyes, almost like the sock was being guided by unseen forces.

So, anyway, on with the story. Last weekend, I'm vacuuming the computer room. Just minding my own business, vacuuming away, and I start to hear a weird sound come from the closet door. I stand for a second, trying to decide if I really want to open the door and see what it is. (Been in that situation before. One day I may just tell the story of the squirrel in the fuse box.) Vacuum still running, I'm still contemplating whether or not to open the door. The smell of burning rubber starts to drift up, and that's when I notice it. The vacuum had somehow picked up the end of a spool of fishing line and was furiously wrapping the fishing line around the brush thing on the vacuum. What I heard in the closet?? The spool spinning like no tomorrow against the door.

It bested me again!! That devious machine from hell!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Ah, just do what I do -- don't vacuum. :)

11:07 AM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

I'm sorry, but nobody should ever have fishing line laying around. It should only be boughten when needed and then used. Imaging how mad you would be after losing a seven pound bass because you put old fishing line that was in your closet for 10 years on your reel and it broke because it was too old.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

That's the problem, lookingbusy, I have a million spools of half used fishing line in my house right now. Used once to replace the lines on my husbands poles, never to be used again. :)

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares
Web Counters
Comp USA Coupons